Sign in to follow this  
quaman58

alagoptera seeds

quaman58

Hey all,

I'm a couple days from sweeping up under this palm & throwing away all the fruit that's accumulated under it. Obviously, if there's any interest, I'm happy to set a bunch aside. It is prolific.

Bret

MattyB

Bret,

The seeds I got from you were interesting. There were three distinct sizes, so I kept them separate and labeled them small, med, large. Out of all of them, only one germinated. It was one of the medium sized ones. It's very very slow growing at first, but finally it's got 3 or 4 leaves.

quaman58

Sweet Matt. I think someone said here that they need "very" high bottom heat to crack. They are slow to get going; glad yours is finally starting to move. It would be cool if it was a hybrid, what a great look that would be.

Bret

MattyB

I know, that's why I kept the different sizes separated, thinking there might be some hybridization at play.

Adam from Oz

Hiya MattB. Got any left? If so, PM me!!

Best,

Adam

criskt

Matty, the seeds of Allagoptera haven´t regular sizes...is normal!