IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

SailorBold

No problems with solid thinking... I have all the time in the world....

Generally- Palm people are good people! Why not get to know some of them and share experiences?

I'd rather be ignorant than arrogant!

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&pw

Hey SailorBold --- I now have three replies on my "CAN YOU IDENTIFY THESE TWO PALMS" thread. All three are saying that the bigger palm at La Paloma Hot Springs is phoenix dactylifera. I mean the palm that is plants away from the buildings, out in the open.

Just FYI.

So, I guess that could be an option for you too.

Good luck with your experiment! Cool region.

• 7 years later...

Hello NM palmtalkers, I have spent some time in google maps/street views looking for Jubaeas and Butias in NM, I googled all Palm Locations in Albuquerque and Alamogordo and many others places. Nice Filiferas, that look often worn out after winters but alive and kicking, bulletproof Trachies, even CIDPs (officially less hardy) in Alamogordo but no cocosoids at all, they just don't grow there in desert climate?

Edited by MSX