Do you believe in Bigfoot???

LilikoiLee

Do I believe in Big Foot?

Naaah!

Moose

Naaah!

Sabal Steve

People beleive in all crazy things, sometimes with fanaticism. At least there's supposed pictures of bigfoot out there (not that I put much stake in those). I say nay - (but secretly hope the legend is true).

Jerry@TreeZoo

Naaah!

Does Big Foot have a mailing address?

Moose

Naaah!

Does Big Foot have a mailing address?

550 W 7th Ave # 1700, Anchorage, AK 99501

SailorBold

I only dream its real... I spend hours everyday on the look out.. but again nothing.

Has anyone on PT decided to go on Bigfoot Safari?

tjwalters

I only dream its real... I spend hours everyday on the look out.. but again nothing.

Has anyone on PT decided to go on Bigfoot Safari?

BRA?

tjwalters

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

SailorBold

Nice quote btw.. this is about the only reason I have Netflix.

All mediation is... remediation.

Mandrew968

When I was younger I believed it was possible, but without any real evidence I no longer do.

With Bigfoot, there just is no fossil evidence and that is the problem. To think that no one has ever even found so much as a tooth(bones can decay in a temperate rainforest, fairly quickly, but teeth last a very long time) tells me that there is no such thing. But while on the subject of cryptozoology, I believe the Thylacine could very well still be alive--would love to hear about what the Tassies have to say about it!

Justin

Not just no tooth, but no sh!t or anything either. Presumably there would be circumstantial evidence, like trails through the forest (where he/she/it brushed through trees), hair, teeth, a dead body (what, they never get in fights with each other?), or something if in fact Bigfoot were real. Probably just drunk hunters and fishermen who saw a bear standing on its hind legs at quite a distance - or, depending on the number of beers, even a close distance.

amazondk

Here in Amazonia we have two legendary forest dwellers:

The Mapinguari.

mapinguari_by_demongirl99-d6ewj79.jpg

And the Curupira.

curupira.jpg

amazondk

There is also the Saci Perere. He only has one leg.

Saci-Perer%C3%AA.jpg

Dmcdonald

Here is photographic evidence they do.

Does the Curupira have feet that point backwards or is that just the way the drawing looks?

Skunk Ape Research Center along the Tamiami Trail is a cool place to stay. We go down and camp every spring. The owner Dave is great with kids, really makes them believe they might see one out back of the property. Also the guy that runs the animal attractions is real good. We have held all sorts of reptiles. Snakes, turtles, a baby gator. They have a pond on the property where they throw coconuts in and when they sprout they plant them around the property. Saw some huge Royals not far down the road. They are probably planted being so close to the road, but at leat they are in habitat. (Had to at least mention palms.) Oh and no I don't think Bigfoot is real.

post-9838-0-63802800-1412655031_thumb.jp

palmazon

we had the skunk ape over for dinner last Saturday

he was remarkably well-behaved

post-56-0-12758900-1412717888_thumb.jpg

Moose

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Proof positive in my opinion.

_Keith

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Best response yet, fell out of the chair.

Walter John

We have a couple of mythical legends here in Australia, one being the Yowie.

The yowie is similar to the Himalayan Yeti and the North American Sasquatch. The yowie is usually said to be a hairy and ape-like creature standing upright at between 2.1 m (6 ft 11 in) and 3.6 m (12 ft). The yowie's feet are said to be much larger than a human's, but alleged yowie tracks are inconsistent in shape and toe number, and the descriptions of yowie foot and footprints provided by yowie witnesses are even more varied than those of bigfoot.The yowie's nose is said to be wide and flat.

Behaviourally, some report the yowie can seem timid or shy. Others suspect that the yowie is sometimes violent or aggressive.

_Keith

We have a couple of mythical legends here in Australia, one being the Yowie.

The yowie is similar to the Himalayan Yeti and the North American Sasquatch. The yowie is usually said to be a hairy and ape-like creature standing upright at between 2.1 m (6 ft 11 in) and 3.6 m (12 ft). The yowie's feet are said to be much larger than a human's, but alleged yowie tracks are inconsistent in shape and toe number, and the descriptions of yowie foot and footprints provided by yowie witnesses are even more varied than those of bigfoot.The yowie's nose is said to be wide and flat.

Behaviourally, some report the yowie can seem timid or shy. Others suspect that the yowie is sometimes violent or aggressive.

Ahh, so the Skunk Ape is a frequent flyer. Somebody, search the airport videos now.

DoomsDave

Give me Bigfoot

or give me death!

Moose

post-1729-0-06598200-1413906450_thumb.jp

In the tropical to subtropical areas of the new world - the Chupacabra exists.

_Keith

settled.png

/end thread

Hold on there bubba. There is no conclusive evidence that a ghost, due to its potential physical nature, or lack thereof, can be photographed in the first place. I'll give you the others, assuming that aliens have not see our explosion of camera use and are now cloaking themselves where there was no need to prior.

HappyHalloween-300x300.jpg

Dypsisdean

Keith,

"Demon-Haunted World" by Carl Sagan should be mandatory reading.

Your argument reminds me of the chapter about the fire breathing dragon in the garage, and why every bit of evidence proving it does not exist can easily be explained away. Such as, it is invisible so can't be seen or photographed, it has wings and never touches the ground, so powder placed to revel footprints doesn't work, and the fire it "breaths" is room temperature fire, so temperature guages are of no use - and on and on.

• Upvote 2

Palm crazy

How come there has never been a dead body found or at least some bones from these mystic creatures? At least a campsite or cave where they could live, when that happens then I will believe in big foot or anything else. BTW theres a new scary movie coming out soon that has a big foot as the main creature. Sorry but this is as real as it gets…http://citrusandcream.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bigfoot.jpg

Edited by Palm crazy

sur4z

I believe in a Big Foot...

post-1122-0-50704900-1414691676_thumb.jp

Moose

Give me Bigfoot

or give me death!

A Big Foot was spotted lurking around the Lava Flow :bemused:

DoomsDave

Bigfoot left his shoe, by this plant going up for auction November 15, 2014.

post-208-0-12394100-1415897350.jpg

buccaneers37

I was at the Saigon Kick concert on Saturday night and when I was leaving the State Theater, a guy pointed at me and said "Look, it's Sasquatch Santa", so I guess anything is possible.

NorthFlpalmguy

i don't. Isn't there a skunk ape "expedition" down near the Everglades?

Funkthulhu

http://www.on-netflix.com/the-truth-behind-bigfoot/16579

Spoiler alert: Film and graphic artist weighs in. The film is real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film Seems to be a lot of "controversy" over the authenticity of this film. Mayhaps it's all sound and fury signifying nothing? (or profits?)

_Keith

http://www.on-netflix.com/the-truth-behind-bigfoot/16579

Spoiler alert: Film and graphic artist weighs in. The film is real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film Seems to be a lot of "controversy" over the authenticity of this film. Mayhaps it's all sound and fury signifying nothing? (or profits?)

You have to watch the movie, man. It was kind of fun. I mean it was overdrawn, overblown, at time boring fun, but fun.

_Keith

Vehicle in front of me on commute home.  This thread came to mind immediately.

IMG_8371.JPG

Ed in Houston

We have especially mean ones in east Texas.

http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2012_usa/w/WWIFY-Bigfoot/BigfootGIF_08.gif

http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2012_usa/w/WWIFY-Bigfoot/BigfootGIF_04.gif

http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2012_usa/w/WWIFY-Bigfoot/BigfootGIF_02.gif

http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2012_usa/w/WWIFY-Bigfoot/BigfootGIF_05.gif

Ed in Houston

Jerry@TreeZoo

Disney believes in BigFoot.

Here's some Jungle Book trivia about King Louie!

In the new Jungle Book movie, King Louie could not be an Orangutan because they are not found in India.  However, Gigantopithecus is much more likely to reside there.