IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Do you believe in Bigfoot???

Stevetoad

Well do ya? I really really want to but the lack of evidence forces me not to.

post-5835-0-33711300-1408753559_thumb.jp

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

It would be so much fun to believe, but like you, for lack of evidence, I can't.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

no i don't

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Our Florida version is the skunk ape.

Same name here, Moose.

And apparently we have werewolves, too, the Rougaroo (Lugaroo)

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I loved that series of ads. Always made me laugh.

I once had a roommate, and everyone called her son's wife Sasquatch.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

When I was younger I believed it was possible, but without any real evidence I no longer do.

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

post-97-0-72860700-1408825121.jpg

Hmmmm, I dunno....maybe?

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

attachicon.gifNikolai-Valuev-boxing.jpg

Hmmmm, I dunno....maybe?

I am thinking more Neanderthal on that one. "Scientists also know that Neanderthals and modern humans interbred at some level, which is why about 2% of our genes, on average, are Neanderthal in origin." Recessive gene popped out maybe?

After seeing that red thing in many of Dave's posts I'd hafta say "Yes".

What red thing?

After seeing that red thing in many of Dave's posts I'd hafta say "Yes".

What red thing?

Well Dave, if the shoe fits?

keith the evidence for modern humans & neanderthals interbreeding is not all that strong. http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals/interbreeding

Actually Paul that is not true. In Northern Europe it was believed that the Neanderthals died out. In fact they were partially bred out. 1-2% of some Northern Europeans have Neanderthal DNA.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

dicated that Neanderthals were genetically closer to Europeans and Asians than they were to Africans. It meant that somewhere along the line, European and Asian humhat was, sort of, quite shaking to me. I thought this must be a statistical fluke. It was not quite significant; this would surely go away when we have more data.

keith the evidence for modern humans & neanderthals interbreeding is not all that strong. http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals/interbreeding

I had just watched a documentary on Neanderthals which is what I had mind when I wrote that, but to be honest I was taking Bigfoot or my comment all that seriously either way. Of the many things I care about, whether early man was playing hanky panky among species is not in the list. UNLESS, Bigfoot is found, in which case I want to know who he/she has been sleeping with cause I have seen some hairy people out there.

It's established that modern humans and neanderthals interbred. Due to the lack of Neanderthal DNA in our mitochondria though, it's likely that this was limited to male neanderthal/female H. sapiens pairings. However, mitochondrial DNA evolves about 10 times faster than nuclear DNA (due to the oxidative stress in the mitochondria), so it could be that we don't see it because it simply went away over time.

Keith 

Palmetto, Florida (10a) and Tampa, Florida (9b/10a)

Sascrotch. Think about it.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Rotcrotch?

Bad Scotch?

Too moch?

I've seen sascrotch a few time in my single life. Still gives me goose bumps.

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

I've seen sascrotch a few time in my single life. Still gives me goose bumps.
Those weren't goose bumps they were trying to give you.

It's established that modern humans and neanderthals interbred. Due to the lack of Neanderthal DNA in our mitochondria though, it's likely that this was limited to male neanderthal/female H. sapiens pairings. However, mitochondrial DNA evolves about 10 times faster than nuclear DNA (due to the oxidative stress in the mitochondria), so it could be that we don't see it because it simply went away over time.

established where? a cursory review of articles by google search suggests that it is really not settled.

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

it was believed that the Neanderthals died out

Then who are all the idiots on our freeways???

:floor:

On their way to the courthouse.

it was believed that the Neanderthals died out

Then who are all the idiots on our freeways???

:floor:

On their way to the courthouse.

post-1729-0-89198400-1409426615_thumb.jp

:happy:

giggle

attachicon.gifgeico-caveman-lg.jpg

The Neanderthal Car Insurance Agent

Another set of ads l loved. I would crack up and my wife would just stare at me.