IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Bumping old threads

Palmy

My question is:

Is it ok to bump old or even very old threads? Is this ok? Or should I start a new thread on the same subject?

Thanks

Meteorologist and PhD student in Climate Science

Zach,

I would leave that up to a members discretion. Sometimes it may be more appropriate to start a new one, and other times, resurrecting an interesting thread would be better.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I personally feel that one should not miss use bandwidth

just to show that some new still has been taken from the same location_say a tour,bienieal or gardens.

by doing so those folks who have missed that thread will have an oppurtunity to have a glance what they have missed earlier.

just to show a new spear has poped up in ones garden,to show this in a new thread is totally out of context.and iam

shure that newcomers will find it difficult to see stills or

gather info fully in one go !

Kris.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

• 3 weeks later...

As I advance along life's path, I find that simply being of a certain age isn't quite the well, you know, disgrace?  that it used to be.

Ahem.  (Surveying graying chest and nose hair.)

So, if I think a thread from way-back's relevant -- especially given our growing membership -- I'll doink it back up there for more answers.

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I have to agree, especially has perhaps you did not get the answers you were looking for originally. With a fresh visit then those who may have missed out first time round may be able to provide the answer you were looking for.

Regards Andy.

Bangor, Norin Iron Zone 9a Min temp normally around -3 Degrees C, rarely -6C. Only 2 x -2.0C so far, verging on 9b this year. No snow or Frost this Winter. Several just subzero's this year, lets hope it stays this way. Normally around 5C to 10C + in winter, with lots of wind & rain. Summers usually better, 20C to 25 C occasionally 25C to 28C, also quite humid being a coastal town

I appreciate this question and the answers....I was wondering about that, being new and all....by all means, bump away!!!! :D

Wendi

"I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees!"-Dr. Seuss :P

north central east coast of Florida

halfway between Daytona and St. Augustine

15 mi inland

(wendisplantation @ Apr. 05 2007,20:29)

I appreciate this question and the answers....I was wondering about that, being new and all....by all means, bump away!!!! :D

Bump and GRIND away..... :D

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.