IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Seed ID

Alicehunter2000

seems to be a remote germinator is that helps

post-97-1172550641_thumb.jpg

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

those seeds are CREEPY looking!like something from the movie "alien"...don't be alone with them :laugh:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

:o  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I have some similar seeds that I collected in Indonesia.  The tree was labled Lantania, but a lot of things there were mislabled.

Robert

Madera, CA (central San Joaquin valley)

9A

i saw alice here last year.it was a packed show & his band was young & hungry.the first 1/2 dozen songs were all from the early 70s,my fave was "no more mr.nice guy".cheap trick opened the show--one of my favorite bands EVER.AND the tickets were "comped"!just had to share that with you.sorry if i hijacked yer thread :P

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

What do Billion Dollar Babies have to do with Lantania loddigesii. I think you were on the wrong website. You need rollingstone.com

Ed Mijares

Whittier, Ca

Psyco Palm Collector Wheeler Dealer

Zone 10a?

how do you know they arent blue latan or lellow latan palms?

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

Abraham Lincoln

The way of the transgressor is hard

They are Latania loddegesii seed.  You can tell them apart from Latania lontaroides and L. verschaffeltii by the pattern on the seed.  I use to have photos of all three, but could not find them to share.   :(

Paul

Paul Craft

Loxahatchee, FL

Thanks for the ID

Alice is always fun to watch. Much more energetic and entertaining than most bands half his age. The guy is in great shape considering his drunkin' past. Hope that he gets the credit due him before he dies. He and/or the Alice Cooper Group should be inducted into the Rock-n-Roll Hall of fame before half the people that are already there.

Sorry, this thread digressed