IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

"Add to post" pictures is not working

Rafael

Since a couple of days back i have been unable to add pictures to the post.

Why?

You would have to give me much more information than that. Like what happens when you try.

But I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem. Has anyone else out there had this problem?

Edit: I see that you are now posting pictures in another post. So you must have answered your own question. Yes???

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Thanks Dean.

The problem remains. I was able to post with attached tumbnails. When i pushed "add to post" nothing happened and i couldnt comment each pic as usually.

Thanks Dean.

The problem remains. I was able to post with attached tumbnails. When i pushed "add to post" nothing happened and i couldnt comment each pic as usually.

Try using a different browser.

Zone 7a/b Delaware

Unusual Plants

Have you made sure your cursor is active in the test window? - as this dictates where it will be added to the post.

Also, as GeneAZ alluded to - what browser were you guys using?

But now that I understand the original question better, I can check into it.

I have the same problem too Palm Mod, I can't label a palm then post a picture under the label, I find myself having to write all my palm names on one line then group a whole lot of pictures together, Ive tried different browsers, internet explorer and google chrome no different, please help

Comic and I have been talking off PT and I also have benn having the same problem for the last 2 or 3 months.

I can add photos but can't see where they are going to be placed in the post..... Ie no words to show where in the post the picture is located.

Only solution so far has been to put all writing down then add all photos after the writing and hope it all comes out properly once it has been posted!

I used to be able to write a short sentence then post a related pic then write another sentence and post the related pic etc. if I tried that now my posts would be crazy confusing!!

Since I generally don't post photos that way I have always only inserted photos one way - which sounds different than what you are doing.

I will write my whole post, complete with any captions I wish to appear above or below the pic. Then upload all the pics I wish to use. Then wherever I wish to insert a pic I will one by one click with the mouse, then click on "Add to Post" for the photo I wish to put there.

Does this not work for you?

Have you tried toggling the switch in the upper left of the editor to change which editor you are using?

• 2 months later...

I've been having the same problem. So I write the commentary and then press "add to post" and just have to be happy with the result. It's frustrating but I should read the above post and try to figure it out too!

Peter

hot and humid, short rainy season May through October, 14* latitude, 90* longitude

Try following these instructions exactly.

- Write the whole post, complete with any captions you wish to appear above or below the pic.

- Then upload all the pics you wish to use. Verify that they have uploaded.

- Then wherever you wish to insert a pic, click within the post and assure that the cursor is now where you wish the photo to appear.

- Then click on "Add to Post" for the photo you wish to put there.

How do we keep iphone photos from being posted sideways?

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

July/August average 95f/63f

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Average lowest winter temp 27f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

• 2 weeks later...

How do we keep iphone photos from being posted sideways?

You have to take in landscape mode - or else modify/edit it somehow so it "adopts" new parameters. It's a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a bugger!

Ive have found that it I edit them square, then they usually post ok.

Only prob is by the time I've edit the photo.... the thrill of sharing has passed!

:violin:

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

July/August average 95f/63f

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Average lowest winter temp 27f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f