IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New Kamipalms website

Kamipalms

Ok, its just after midnight and my vision is a little blurrrrrry, been working on the site for the last 6 hours and its just about there.

A couple of broken links to fix and maybe a pic or two missing but you'll get the idea.

Please have a look through and if there are any problems please let me know, also what browser your using.

Please be aware that the site still needs some work.

Oh, HERES a link

Jason.

Made the move to Mandurah - West Aust

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future

Nice layout and very informative as always.  My one recommendation would be to have the menu bar that is across the top of the homepage on all pages to allow easier navigation, although the "Jump To" menu gets around that need to some extent.

The hopepage counter was not visible, but that may be one of the broken links you mentioned.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Hi Jason

maybe others who have seed could contact you  and if it is seed you already have , then you  could look at your seed requests for those who want them , then those that have them could send them direct to those who want them.

That would also be a good way to ensure the species survival

I would be happy to send seeds to you or direct when available

Maybe others could join in and make seed avalable

Jason would make a good co-ordinater to spread the species.

reagrds

colin

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Jay,

well done.

Cheers, Jan

N48° 19'12.42", E18°06'50.15"

continental climate somewhat moderated by the influence of the mediterranean sea, atlantic ocean and north sea water masses but still prone to arctic blasts from the east as well as hot and dry summers. pushing the limits is exciting.

C. radicalis trunking form pictures don't work

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Jason,

Some spelling improvements:

I believe Chamaedorea's deserve a lot more attention now more than ever.

s/b Chamaedoreas

Chamaedorea seed looses viability quickly

s/b loses

You may have to go on a wating list as demand is usually higher than supply.

s/b waiting

I found? very little

s/b Very

Good work,

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

Corey,

Thanks for your suggestion, its hard to keep every one happy with this type of thing.

I've tried to simplify the site as much as I can whilst still being practical.

I personally hate menu's that follow you around......

Colin,

I had a seed register on the old format , laid out exactly as you have described.

Heres a cut and paste from the seed register page

Chamaedorea Seed Register

There are always people who are after Chamaedorea seed and most are usually only after small amounts. Buying seed in small amounts from seed merchants can be costly in meeting some minimum order requirements.

I do produce seed and if you are interested please contact me with your requests. The catch? You may have to go on a waiting list as demand is usually higher than supply.

What I am proposing here is if you have any Chamaedorea seed becoming available , no matter what species or what quantity you may have, Please contact me with  what you have, your contact details including your location  and your price or seed trade requirements.

I will list this information here, for people to contact you.

Requirements for listings:

1. Seed merchants will not be listed unless they wish to purchase advertising space at the bottom of this page.

2. Rare seeds to be listed must be accompanied with proof.  No one likes being ripped off !

3. All seed trades or sales arrangements are to be made between the "owner " and the "receiver", I'm simply providing a common place to buy and sell or trade Chamaedorea seed.

4. Once you have sold or traded your seed, please let me know so I can remove your listing.

Available May "06.

C.radicalis standard form. US$8.00/ 40 seeds. Price includes Airmail

NOTE: Please check you Quarantine/Customs requirements before buying. No responsibility taken if sees are rejected. Phyto Cretificates are not available on these seeds.

In fact its still on the server HERE'S a link.

Do you know how many people contacted me in the 12 months the page was up, to have a listing added?

A big, fat ZERO!

Hence the reason for not bothering this time round.

David,

The photo's are there but it still looks like some security settings on PC's may be set a bit too high. I had this problem when the very first version went online. People using Norton anti virus had to disable it to view the pics.

John,

Thanks for picking up the errors, I'll endveour .....um,  edevour...... um, endever -      errr, get on to sorting this out :)

Made the move to Mandurah - West Aust

Kamipalms,
Growing for the future