• Similar Content

• Darwinpalmlover
      By Darwinpalmlover
      Hi all...I am looking to see if anyone has any fresh C.Renda seeds available.
    • GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      Hello I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to germinate Ptychosperma elegans seeds, thanks
    • GardnerDylan6a
      By GardnerDylan6a
      Hello I was wondering if people could share how they germinate W. Filifera and Robusta seeds, I am wondering what the ideal temperature for germination is, as I have my Filifera seeds in a pot at room temperature with the soil at around 67 F, will they germinate?

• sashaeffer
      By sashaeffer
      New to seed germination indoors as I've previously just bought potted palms. I've discovered with a couple species that potted purchased palms that don't do well indoors....and die, do much better if grown from seed.
      I'm using baggie method and heat mats and trays with pretty good luck.
      My question is, when is the best time to plant them up and also to remove  from any bottom heat?  I don't want to "cook" the new seedlings. 
      Are heat mats only supposed to be  used to get seed to "pop"?
    • Ozzello
      By Ozzello
      Got a couple thousand Bismarck seeds from a mature female right next to a male. Some of the seeds were still a tad green, but all were ripe, and the embryos filled the nut shell, though they all had a small hole in the center of the embryo I don't see in other palm seeds,. Does anyone know if this is normal?
       I soaked a couple hundred fruit and all, and set the rest aside in #7 pots for a few weeks till the fruit loosened up. Now I am cleaning the fruit and soaking , and getting 100% floaters. Opened a couple and the embryos are receding from the shell and the space  (between embryo & shell) has a bit of white fuzzy look. Anyone know what I am dealing with here?
       Should I just clean them all, soak and attempt to germinate anyway? Hate to waste 100% of my time when I could dedicate the space and labor to easier trees to grow, but even if I can get 20% ish , I don't mind the work.