Brahea Axel

Free 15g brahea edulis

Brahea Axel

Save this palm from tbe recycling bin. I don't have the time to rehabilitate this palm, the spear pulled probably because I planted it in too much shade. Some peroxide and full sun will bring it back.

20140211_173543_zps8rcxiydd.jpg

Hammer

I may have a home for it. My challenge is organizing a way to take possession that makes fiscal sense.

Brahea Axel

Well, I can schlepp it down to LA in April, or I can send it down with Dwight in February, you can probably pick it up in Carlsbad. I already treated the crown with copper, and will dump some peroxide in it. I think the Dwight option is the best. I think it's best chance is probably down south anyway, that's where it came from. Apparently these things do much better when not moved from one climate to another, because I have some real healthy specimens here all grown from seed.

Glad to see it go somewhere where it's going to be re-habilitated.

palm tree man

If I paypal you money would you ship it. I need more Brahea; they can be hard to find in the south.

palm tree man

Sorry didn't see the full response. I am on my phone. I is a coo

Palm you will love it. They have edible fruit as well.

Hammer

If Dwight doesn't mind, that would be awesome. I live very near the 5 in Laguna Hills. I could meet him by the freeway during his drive if that would easier. Please let me know what I need to do to finalize the arrangements.

Ultimately, this will probably end up as a just a little more crack to get my brother hooked. He just moved to palmy territory less than a year ago and he's starting to get the addiction.

Hammer

Sorry didn't see the full response. I am on my phone. I is a coo

Palm you will love it. They have edible fruit as well.

Thanks. Didn't realize the fruit is edible. Awesome to know. Thanks!

palm tree man

No problem man, I can't vouch for the taste but a friend of mine form Mexico said they were good and so did a grower in Cali.