• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      Saw this article in the news this morning. Haven't read it yet but am already shivering. If there is any good in this news, it's that the vortex won't arrive until mid-February. Maybe the effects won't be as severe by then.
      polar-vortex-may-be-on-the-horizon-scientists-warn
      Note: I'm reading article now. Polar vortex to start end of Dec. and inflict "one of the harshest winters in years." Yikes! I remember the last one not too many years back.
    • IHB1979
      By IHB1979
      It's that time of year again, crazy how time flies. My coastal city just finished removing Hurricane Matthew debris (vegetation & fences) from my area this week and now we are talking about old man winter. This is a week out so can't take it too seriously, but it's good to be prepared.
      Saturday morning, December 10th looks like our first shot at much colder weather. Especially for north Florida.

• WestCoastGal
      By WestCoastGal
      Watching CBS Evening News tonight and really sorry to hear that a Polar Vortex is due to head down the Midwest real soon and into the south. They said they are expecting it to last several days before retreating back into Canada. Hope the heads up allows you to make plans. Yikes it's only early November.
    • empireo22
      By empireo22
      Here is what my potted noni looks like after the cold front and seeing 40 degrees (4 c) one night and 43 (6 c) the next. The fruit stayed but lost a lot of leaves and major foliage burn.