IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Emoticon MIA

Kim

What happened to the :lol: emoticon? It disappeared from the menu. :bummed:

In order to express a precise emotion, something between :) and :floor: is required. Help!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

If I feel inspired one of these days, with idle time, there is a way I can upload more emoticons - I just have to review how to do it, and find a good selection. I generally only use one or two, but having differing degrees of frustration might come in useful for this admin. :)

And Gonz - what do you mean, "I can't get the quote function OR the emoticons to work!!!" I need more info.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Seems strange that it could just disappear like that, but I guess one of the many mysteries where we'll never know the answer...? :bummed: Seems like there have been some other changes as well in the choice of emoticons, but can't put my finger on them... I am testing now, typing in a colon followed by an upper case D to see if I get the emoticon that Kim is missing: :D

EDIT - that didn't work and I believe that would normally give me that particular emoticon. So, does that mean the option simply is GONE? Seems strange.

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Seems strange that it could just disappear like that, but I guess one of the many mysteries where we'll never know the answer...? :bummed: Seems like there have been some other changes as well in the choice of emoticons, but can't put my finger on them... I am testing now, typing in a colon followed by an upper case D to see if I get the emoticon that Kim is missing: :D

EDIT - that didn't work and I believe that would normally give me that particular emoticon. So, does that mean the option simply is GONE? Seems strange.

Bo - it was a custom addition. So when we upgraded, it overwrote the customizations I had previously made with the standard code.

Oh, OK! So is it possible to add it again? I kind of liked it as well... :mrlooney:

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

I can't do any quotes either. It's been that way for a few weeks now.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

In computer terms, "upgrade" always means that things get messed up.

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I can't do any quotes either. It's been that way for a few weeks now.

What happens when you try. All I can tell you is that nothing has changed on this end. So, you know what that means :)

Only suggestion - try another computer/browser and see what happens. If it works, then it is specific to the one computer.

Check out the new emoticons and see if you now have the ones you like.

Just letting you know mister moderator sir that these first two don't appear to be operating.

:sleep2:

:ph34r:

This guy I like..

:36_14_15[1]:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

:laugh2::violin::beat_deadhorse::floor::interesting:

I seem to be all set! :drool:

Thanks! :greenthumb:

I haven't been able to get the "Quote from a previous post" function to work for a while either..

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

:beat_deadhorse: <--- I missed that! We've needed that a lot around here lately!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I haven't been able to get the "Quote from a previous post" function to work for a while either..

Please remember when reporting problems, that I need as much info as you can give me.

- what OS

- what browser

- have you changed anything lately

- have you tried another browser

- have you tried another computer

- what exactly happens (error message, nothing, something - but not the right thing)

- etc.

But in this case, nothing at all has changed on the forum, in regards to settings, etc, in the last month.

Anyone else with this problem???

Bill,

That jackass looks a lot like somebody I know that lives down here. A "mr. know it all".

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Bill,

That jackass looks a lot like somebody I know that lives down here. A "mr. know it all".

Maybe it looks like anybody else not necessary living down there :D