_Rich

Am I the only one dreading 10-day in Central FLA?

mike2748

Gonna be a great week

Need any stuff to cover your jungle ?

bubba

What you crying about a little California weather? I did not see anything close to a freeze and what is wrong with mid-60 highs and mid-40 lows?

palmsOrl

Gonna love it! Temps above freezing, so no significant damage. The ultratropicals go in the greenhouse, so no worry there. I will be soaking up all the chill we can get before the heat descends for 8 months.

displaced_floridian

It looks like Thursday morning is going to be pretty cold all over the state. Accuweather predicts lows of 33 for Vero Beach, 41 for Hollywood, 39 for Homestead. Lake Wales, near Walt, should be in the low 30s. The West Coast looks to fare a little better with winds coming off the Gulf. Tarpon Springs is supposed to get no lower than 43 and Tampa 41. Could be a lot worse.

gsytch

I am already tired of this winter - and its not even close to being over. I hate the cold, and now 5 days straight of it? Perhaps 6? There will definitely be frost, just no widespread freezes. But brrrr.....California heats up we cool down! :bemused:

_Keith

I am dreading one night of it, in Louisiana, that is.

enigma99

In Cali, will be getting close to 90 in some places. Loving the heat :)

Moose

Not overly concerned here but definitely worth monitoring. If the forecasted lows should shift 5F colder, then it would cause me to move the containerized plants to a warmer protected area.

SubTropicRay

The propane companies make lots of money off me this time of year.

palmsOrl

Prior to the last event, all the other weather forecasts were saying 29F-31F for Orlando one to three days out, while the NWS stuck to 34-35F, never lower. What do you know, we didn't see below mid 30s here. This event, the NWS has 38F for us for two nights. This is not unusual stuff for January here. I am not worried about a freeze at all here. Particularly because even when we are forecast for a light freeze here (28-31F) the official lows end up a couple degrees above this. Probably the urban heat island effect at work, but that is the local climate. For rural areas, it could very well be low 30s down to the north shore of Lake Okeechobee, while we bottom out several degrees higher.