Mandrew968

Some pics of me and my two boys

Mandrew968

I was recently asked to put up some photos of my two boys--never been asked that on Palmtalk and I was flattered to say the least! So I went searching through my old emails and this is a few of what I found. :)

First up is Jansin and me next to some of our favorite Copernicias(we call them muscle palms, in a deep voice and we always grab our biceps when we mention them) at Fairchild.

post-5491-0-84501200-1387463957_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

Next is me and Jansin next to the palms that his mother and I got married under. :) Is there a more impressive palm for South Florida? Jansin says, heck no! :)

post-5491-0-25273500-1387464127_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

Next is Jansin holding up an old inflorescence of what is labeled as a Dypsis lanceolata(the palm in the background), but he thinks the flower structure is too big for a pure lanceolata...

post-5491-0-68461300-1387464376_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

And this is my youngest son, Drake (14 months). These were taken by our friend, Lou, at the last SFPS garden tour. Jansin sat this garden out, opting to go shopping with Grandma instead.

post-5491-0-82431400-1387465136_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

And another one from that same day.

post-5491-0-48565100-1387465216_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

And this third pic is of me, Drake and Tiff. Drake had a great time in all that grass!

post-5491-0-52648700-1387465272_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

Jansin next to the fallaensis at my in-law's place.

post-5491-0-43295900-1387472076_thumb.jp

Kris

Thanks for sharing such fine moments of you and your family with all of us here in palmtalk.

wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a happy newyear.

God bless,

kris.

Brahea Axel

Andrew, those are some beautiful kids! There's no substitute for being a dad, especially when they're this age.

Merry xmas/happy holidays, and happy new year!

Here's my little boy rolicking amongst a grove of rhopies.

DSCN0101_zps20096a04.jpg

Mandrew968

NIce!!! Thanks for the kind responses and I wish you both a wonderful Christmas as well. Axel, what's you boy's name? Love that hair! I have a tow head too :)

bgl

Andrew,

Great pictures and there seems to be palms in every picture! :lol:

Bo-Göran

Kim

It's fun watching them grow side by side -- kids and palms! Several PalmTalkers have shown their offspring next to a favorite palm over a period of years, and it's a wonderful way to share the changes in both.

Steve the palmreader

That's the way to train the next generation of palmnuts :greenthumb:

Brahea Axel

NIce!!! Thanks for the kind responses and I wish you both a wonderful Christmas as well. Axel, what's you boy's name? Love that hair! I have a tow head too :)

His name is Lucas, he's a total tow head, that's for sure.

Cindy Adair

wonderful photos!

Dypsisdean

I hope you get as much enjoyment as I did being a dad. And as I have told several other palm fathers, don't give up hoping they might share your passion for growing things until their 30th birthday at the earliest. It has to be their own idea, you know. :)

redant

Andrew, those are some beautiful kids! There's no substitute for being a dad, especially when they're this age.

Merry xmas/happy holidays, and happy new year!

Here's my little boy rolicking amongst a grove of rhopies.

DSCN0101_zps20096a04.jpg

Wonderful kids, I have 3 good times and not so good times over the years. 26, 23 and 23. The 26 year old has my passion for growing things :rolleyes: , the twins not so much but seems to have a mild interest. I quoted this page because those palms ( yes the kids wonderful) We can't grow them round here, and they are amazing. Kids you can grow anywhere lol.

LilikoiLee

Thank you, Andrew. Mike and I really enjoyed the photos of your sons and the palms. Both of your boys are adorable and we can tell they are 'all boy'. You and Tiff must get a lot of joy out of being their parents.

Mike and Lee

Mandrew968

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks. Being a Dad has changed me for the best(not my words). There is nothing I care about more nor is there anything that gives me as much joy.

Dean, Jansin has a big interest in palms( he can spot Pritchardia, Copernicia, Coccothrinax and Aiphanes. He knows Dypsis and Thrinax because I planted them at his daycare and we see them everyday) but I also understand he must develop his own interests and I fully support those--his biggest so far seems to be heavy machinery. He knows all the names of all the construction machines( he has gotten me to learn them too). His second favorite thing to do is play with his garden tools :) Everyday I pick him up from daycare, he mentions we have to mow the lawn and he gets to weed eat and use the edger! When he gets up on the weekends and me and mom are still half dressed, drinking our coffee, he wants to go outside and dig! He also loves planting palms with me. Drake watches his brother and has come up on childhood milestones even faster than his brother did! I guess it's easier to learn watching your older brother, than it is watching Dad :) I consider myself very lucky and fortunate! Thanks Palmtalk, for letting me share some of my joy!

redant

Sounds like your making a great dad, something very needed these days.

palmislandRandy

Great photos of the boys, Andrew. Fortunately for them, they look like their mom! :rolleyes:

Mandrew968

Tiff and I took the boys to see their great grandmother. Naturally grandmothers have cookies :)

post-5491-0-81522500-1398868033_thumb.jp

post-5491-0-44679100-1398868064_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

Drake loves to help me water. Not sure where his pants went...

post-5491-0-74738900-1398869331_thumb.jp

post-5491-0-38448000-1398869349_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

Drake loves the water so much more than his older brother and Papa doesn't mind taking him for a swim. :)

post-5491-0-95197400-1398869496_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

And yesterday, Jansin and I took a day off to dig some holes. My boy is the best helper. Can't believe he's not even 4 yet!

post-5491-0-97143300-1398869677_thumb.jp

post-5491-0-72038500-1398869919_thumb.jp

waykoolplantz

Grandma is the Cookie Monster

Mandrew968

Grandma is the Cookie Monster

Or the cookie monster enabler!

Mandrew968

I forgot to mention his biggest passion--BASKETBALL! and he didn't get it from me! I love the Heat, but Basketball is not my game. Jansin, on the other hand is a natural. I have never taught him any tips as I don't know any, other than the basic rules of the game. He knows all the players by their name and numbers(I don't even know all of their numbers!) on the Heat. Full size ball and a little over 8' high, this 3 year old has no problems! He rattled off 7 in a row, yesterday :)

post-5491-0-29749400-1398872693_thumb.jp

post-5491-0-70640600-1398872711_thumb.jp

Kim

I gotta get me some of those green garden boots! :) Cute kids, fun photos. I see a few palmlets by the pool! :)

Mandrew968

I gotta get me some of those green garden boots! :) Cute kids, fun photos. I see a few palmlets by the pool! :)

Thanks, Kim. The palmlets are various Coccothrinax(havanensis, azul, macroglossa, borhidiana, crinita and ekmanii). The ones on the top of the old coke cooler are local seed of Pritchardia thurstonii--something to be proud of with out history of Lethal Yellowing...

DoomsDave

More pics of the little ones as they grow and aren't so little any more . . .

Shirleypalmpaws

Cutest palm accessories ever! lol. :wub2:

Brahea Axel

Andrew, those are some cute kids. Our son Lucas now has a brother, our second son Logan was born a little over three weeks ago.

Lucas helped me plant my brahea grotto.

20140427_102923_zpskyakkdwd.jpg

Mandrew968

Axel, I am so happy for you!!! we both have two boys--killer!!!

Mandrew968

Time for some proud updates!

Here are my two cool cats at Black Point Marina--just after this we went to the police officer on duty and pointed out a littering person that hopefully got tasered...

post-5491-0-21533400-1429014879_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

The Zoo is one of my boy's favorite places and Drake loves camels for some reason--don't look at me...

post-5491-0-00153200-1429014991_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

One great thing about the Zoo is they have mini water parks for the kids and my boys love it--Jansin posing for the camera.

post-5491-0-61149400-1429015111_thumb.jp

post-5491-0-02653500-1429015123_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

Jansin is 4 years old now and we decided to get him into t-ball. Well, now all he does is want to play it! Here he is posing next to a ball he hit hard enough to stick into the fence at the school we practice at, after hours. He is a real slugger! Again, don't look at me...

post-5491-0-19919800-1429015316_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

A few weeks ago, Me and my oldest took our bikes out of the city and rode about 4 miles out to the coast. We love exploring and seeing wildlife; I told him not to venture too far into the waters... While up in this tree he eagerly maintained he was 'safe'.

post-5491-0-73341600-1429015585_thumb.jp

post-5491-0-91629800-1429015594_thumb.jp

Mandrew968

This is what we go out, hoping to see...

post-5491-0-61291300-1429015824_thumb.jp