IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Two BIG FLAT RATE BOXES FULL OF Palm SEEDS!

The Silent Seed

Hyphaene coriacea, and Veitchia spiralis
I planted these seeds this summer, and just potted up the ones that have sprouted - but still have 100 seeds of H. coriacea, and over 120 seeds of V. spiralis that have not germinated. I have no idea if they will, or not - but they still feel heavy and solid - Please understand that this is AS-IS, you may have GREAT germination, OR you might not - Please know what you are getting. They have been planted since the summer - so they are dirty, messy.
I just put them all in a flat-rate box of each. They are medium flat rate, so after tracking, it will be close to $15 each for postage, for each box. That is all I ask.
The H. coriacea box is BULGING BIG-TIME at the seams, and is sealed (couple of days ago.)
The V. spiralis box still is open, and has room for some other things - I may throw other things in there to make it fun.
UPDATE: Found more tubs of H. coriacea seeds - just counted 62 more - two of which were sprouted, so I'm keeping those too, but will add as many as I can, to the V. spiralis box.
Edited by santoury

• 1 month later...

Inbox me what you might have. I am only interested in things that can handle frost for the most part 25 F and above or survive that and push a new flush of leaves in the spring.

I grow everything inside at least in the winter, so I don't know what is hardy for you. If you make a list of what would be OK for you, then I'll let you know if I have any of them. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

If it can survive a 20 degree or above winter on occasion, I am game. Maybe even a twenty five degree and above winter. It only gets lower than that around here every five years or so and that is not a big deal to a dedicated gardener. The awesome warm weather and humidity here more than makes up for the few rough days. Let me know what you have. Thank you again.