Sign in to follow this  
_Keith

Another Early Round of Cold Heading to Gulf Coast

_Keith

What a change in forecast. Earlier today, this front was expected to make a 1-day dip here with one night in the upper 30s. It now looks like they have reassessed their forecast to yet more early freezing temps. Sheesh.

10-Day Forecast for Jeanerette, LA (70544)

blank.gifHigh /
Low (°F)
Precip. % blank.gif Fri
Dec 06 T-Storms 71°/37° 70 % Sat
Dec 07 Few Showers 44°/42° 30 % Sun
Dec 08 T-Storms 61°/46° 80 % Mon
Dec 09 Few Showers 52°/31° 30 % Tue
Dec 10 Partly Cloudy 48°/32° 0 % Wed
Dec 11 Partly Cloudy 51°/38° 10 % Thu
Dec 12 Few Showers 57°/40° 30 % Fri
Dec 13 Partly Cloudy 65°/52° 10 % Sat
Dec 14 Partly Cloudy 68°/54° 10 %
Last Updated Dec 6 12:32 a.m. CT

Ed in Houston

The forecasters for Houston don't seem to be able to make up their minds as to the severity of the coming event but the one below is represenative, 29F next Wed. for the coldest.

7daytest.jpg

On average at my place it would be about 2 degrees warmer.

Ed in Houston

spockvr6

The forecasts down here dont seem to have been adjusted yet. It would be odd that Houston/New Orleans area would get a big blast and we wouldnt see anything from it. The forecasts are still showing normal temps. I am sure this will change as we get closer.....it always does.

sonoranfans

The forecasts down here dont seem to have been adjusted yet. It would be odd that Houston/New Orleans area would get a big blast and we wouldnt see anything from it. The forecasts are still showing normal temps. I am sure this will change as we get closer.....it always does.

The gulf is still warm, it will take a pretty strong arctic oscillation to get a freeze down to tampa this early. once the gulf cools off, the risk goes way up. wind direction is everything near my place just south of tampa. westerly or north westerly winds carry cool air over the warm gulf, but those northern or northeast winds are the ones to watch out for. I haven't heard much about the arctic oscillations impacting the peninsula this year, those are what worries me.

_Keith

Yep, they are certainly having trouble with this one. In the last few hours they have now moved our forecast a bit warmer.

10-Day Forecast for Jeanerette, LA (70544)

blank.gifHigh / Low (°F) Precip. % blank.gif
Dec 06 T-Storms 69°/37° 70 % Sat
Dec 07 Few Showers 44°/42° 40 % Sun
Dec 08 T-Storms 60°/49° 80 % Mon
Dec 09 Showers 53°/38° 50 % Tue
Dec 10 Partly Cloudy 46°/34° 10 % Wed
Dec 11 Partly Cloudy 55°/38° 10 % Thu
Dec 12 Partly Cloudy 53°/43° 10 % Fri
Dec 13 Rain 62°/58° 70 % Sat
Dec 14 Rain / Thunder 69°/58° 100 % Sun
Dec 15 Rain 67°/52° 90 %
Last Updated Dec 6 09:07 a.m. CT

Tropicdoc

My weatherbug app shows nothing close to freezing for houma for the next 7 days. I hope its right. :(

gsytch

Lucky for us Floridians, there is a strong blocking high and the cold is stuck up north. It will not penetrate anywhere close to Tampa Bay. However, we all know we will get our shot, just not in the next couple of weeks. This warmth will certainly warm the Gulf up again, which will help with any cold snaps. 83F and not a cloud today. My angel's trumpets are blooming so profusely, I had to shut a few windows it was overpowering! :floor:

Alicehunter2000

Cool enough for a fire under the palms last night and warm enough to get some sun today.......the beach crowd was almost unbearable.

post-97-0-11246200-1386559774_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-90255800-1386559813_thumb.jpg

Tropicdoc

Rub it in, David.

redant

Cool enough for a fire under the palms last night and warm enough to get some sun today.......the beach crowd was almost unbearable.

attachicon.gif20131207_194535.jpgattachicon.gif20131208_113952.jpg

Lucky dog to have a beach like that to play on.

Alicehunter2000

Lol...sorry....couldn't resist with this gorgeous weather we have been having. Felt like a ghost-town beach....guess nobody thinks of going in December. The dog loves it...we finally got her beach tag...so she's legit now. Stop by for a visit.

_Keith

Lol...sorry....couldn't resist with this gorgeous weather we have been having. Felt like a ghost-town beach....guess nobody thinks of going in December. The dog loves it...we finally got her beach tag...so she's legit now. Stop by for a visit.

And I haven't seen the sun in a week. Curse you. :rant:

Alicehunter2000

Nice Rhopy weather continues here....up to around 70 today....50's tonight...........I hear you got some wicked storms coming your way this weekend Keith?

_Keith

Nice Rhopy weather continues here....up to around 70 today....50's tonight...........I hear you got some wicked storms coming your way this weekend Keith?

Been traveling, so thanks for the heads up. I had not noticed. Looks like I need to throw some fertilizer tomorrow with 80% chance of rain. Yahoo.