IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

A PRETTY PICTURE

BobbyinNY

I've been waiting patiently for this picture....

post-57-1171756416_thumb.jpg

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

Hi Bobby,

If i look on the weather forecast site in dutch language, they say also some milder day's with not forst, but is it true that in the end of the week you get again freezing nights around the 23 F ?

Robbin

Southwest

Hi Bobby,

If i look on the weather forecast site in dutch language, they say also some milder day's with not forst, but is it true that in the end of the week you get again freezing nights around the 23 F ?

Robbin

Yeah, we might... but they'll be far and few...    I really think the arctic dump is back in canada where it belongs.... (I wish for good)

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

It looks like the wind changed direction just in time, because there is an unbelievably cold area over northwest Canada at the moment, the coldest I've seen for a couple of years.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

It looks like the wind changed direction just in time, because there is an unbelievably cold area over northwest Canada at the moment, the coldest I've seen for a couple of years.

I HATE CANADA !!!!!

Bobby

AVERAGE TEMPS

(BobbyinNY @ Feb. 20 2007,09:02)

I HATE CANADA !!!!!

Do you hate Canada ? or maybe the cold that's in Canada ...  :P I think the cold ?  :D

I think Canada is very beautifull, but it's to cold for me :D

Robbin

Southwest

Do you hate Canada ? or maybe the cold that's in Canada ...   I think the cold ?  

I think Canada is very beautifull, but it's to cold for me

Robbin

Yeah, it IS very beautiful.... Maybe If I visited it in the summer I would think differently.... I was in Montreal in February of last year and I had never felt anything so cold in my life... -10f with a wind-chill factor of -30... I walked one block and I couldn't feel my fingers.

Bobby

AVERAGE TEMPS

A sight to behold.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

ahhhh...... 52f here right now... dropping back to only 37f tonight... Now I know that's still arctic to anyone who's been living with 70/55 respectively, but after what we've had, it feels like spring is in the air.

Bobby

AVERAGE TEMPS

Bobby,

That's not too shabby for Feb.

Ray

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Bobby,

Ray

Yeah, not too bad... and the trend is continuing for the rest of the week, until Friday where it'll drop off a bit, but I think the REAL arctic air is probably over for the season...........    Uh oh, should I not be saying that??

Bobby

AVERAGE TEMPS

Fortunately your average temperatures increase fairly rapidly there.  By mid to late March your average temperatures are higher than here and keep moving quickly upwards.  Not long to wait.  I am unlikely to see what I would consider warm weather until late May at the earliest and even then only the odd day.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Fortunately your average temperatures increase fairly rapidly there.  By mid to late March your average temperatures are higher than here and keep moving quickly upwards.  Not long to wait.  I am unlikely to see what I would consider warm weather until late May at the earliest and even then only the odd day

Yeah, it's all a trade-off, Corey.... I guess if we averaged the "Yearly" temps between New York and London , I think they'd come out to be about equal.

But I AM looking forward to those 85-90f days and 70f nights

Bobby

AVERAGE TEMPS

(BobbyinNY @ Feb. 20 2007,16:32)

Bobby,

Ray

Yeah, not too bad... and the trend is continuing for the rest of the week, until Friday where it'll drop off a bit, but I think the REAL arctic air is probably over for the season...........    Uh oh, should I not be saying that??

I hope for you the arctic cold is over ... :) And get the heat that you need, also what the palms need :)

And like neofolis say you're tempeture going very fast up ... i have got tempeture around the 50-55F now every day ánd you have got the cold and now the cold is away and you have got already 52F :)

When you're going move to florida ?

Robbin

Southwest

I hope for you the arctic cold is over ...  And get the heat that you need, also what the palms need  

And like neofolis say you're tempeture going very fast up ... i have got tempeture around the 50-55F now every day ánd you have got the cold and now the cold is away and you have got already 52F

Robbin

Yeah, it's warming up here pretty fast... thank god cause now my electric bill will be going down....

We'll be moving to FL by next year.... Just trying to get everything in place now.. moving is ALOT of work.. especially when you have to sell your house and get new jobs....

Bobby

AVERAGE TEMPS

(BobbyinNY @ Feb. 22 2007,09:29)

I hope for you the arctic cold is over ...  And get the heat that you need, also what the palms need  

And like neofolis say you're tempeture going very fast up ... i have got tempeture around the 50-55F now every day ánd you have got the cold and now the cold is away and you have got already 52F

Robbin

Yeah, it's warming up here pretty fast... thank god cause now my electric bill will be going down....

We'll be moving to FL by next year.... Just trying to get everything in place now.. moving is ALOT of work.. especially when you have to sell your house and get new jobs....

Bobby,

Next year ? I was thinking this year  :P

Good luck with the moving plans, and we get see more picture's from the garden i think :D You can plant a lot more palm tree's :)

Robbin

Southwest

Bobby,

Next year ? I was thinking this year  :P

Good luck with the moving plans, and we get see more picture's from the garden i think :D You can plant a lot more palm tree's :)

Robbin

I wished I could, Robbin.... but it's alot of planning.. It would be much easier if I didn't have a house to sell.

Bobby

AVERAGE TEMPS