John Case

algore, why hast thou abandoned me?

John Case

Too dang cold around here... :winkie:

• Upvote 1

Zeeth

I woke up last night shivering because I had the windows open and the air coming in the room was too cold.

It was 61 degrees...

spockvr6

Same here Zeeth.......windows and doors wide open the past 2-3 days.

Brahea Axel

Ha ha, funny thread title, I've resisted posting a rant about the weather, but now that you've opened the flood gates...

Weather here's been unusually cold for Fall here along the coast, usually we have a nice "Indian Summer" but this year, it's been crap, with much more of a marine influence than usual, and that marine layer is significantly colder than usual, with lows down to 41F overnight with overcast fog. These are the types of temps we get in December and January, not mid October.

This is a sign that we're in for a long rainy Winter. I really wonder how many of my experimental dypsis will still be alive in Spring with this much cold this early. The experimental stuff includes orange crush, prestoniana, utilis, robusta, schottiana and the fake heteromorpha. The real heteromorpha doesn't appear to be in cultivation anywhere that I can tell.

_Keith

I am loving it. Ready for the fire pit.

Brahea Axel

I am loving it. Ready for the fire pit.

Keith, you got the right attitude. This Morning there was that wonderful smell that shows up just after the rain. And at night it's cold enough to get the fireplace going. I'm also loving it. Crisp and cool out there, it's definitely sweater palm weather around here.

All that matters is that the Aloha spirit lives on in the chill of Winter. If you've got sunshine in your heart Winter can't get you down. As they say down in your neck of the woods, Mo bien, mèsi.

John Case

I am now ready for the apologies, after being told that I had nothing to worry about....... :winkie:

_Keith

Gonna be a chilly 47 tonight in Los Angeles. Cold must be following me around.

palmsOrl

The cool nights are welcome around here. I love the fresh air in the house. The palms are fine so far too. Though I dragged the real tropical palms inside the greenhouse on Thanksgiving eve. The Cyrtostachys renda is getting too tall!

Brahea Axel

I am now ready for the apologies, after being told that I had nothing to worry about....... :winkie:

Maybe it's bad karma because you didn't vote for Al. :)

Actually, blame Keith, I think the cold is following him around. 47F as a low is going to be down right balmy come Wed and Thurs.

I am not liking the looks of Wed and Thur AM. At least its now mainly these two days.

_Keith

Maybe it's bad karma because you didn't vote for Al. :)

Actually, blame Keith, I think the cold is following him around. 47F as a low is going to be down right balmy come Wed and Thurs.

I am not liking the looks of Wed and Thur AM. At least its now mainly these two days.

L.A. lows over the weekend predicted at 39, but you can't blame it on me. I am now off the hook, tomorrow I will be landing back in Louisiana to a balmy 80 degrees.

Funkthulhu

We're having another of those fun "yesterday's low at 11:59pm is today high" kinda days. . .

down to 21F so far.

I will be turning up the space heater and reading a book under the banana trees in my basement tonight.

mjff

Kind of hard to have much sympathy for people compaining about 47F when it was 19F at my house this morning, and is only up to 21F now supposedly on it's way to a balmy 23F for a high...