IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Are you ready?

Mauna Kea Cloudforest

Bond, Strong One. Super Glue.

• Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Why do I feel so paranoid?

And just because I am paranoid, doesn't mean they are NOT out to get me.

Maybe you forgot to take your pysch medication. We don't know, you tell us....

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Why do I feel so paranoid?

And just because I am paranoid, doesn't mean they are NOT out to get me.

Maybe you forgot to take your pysch medication. We don't know, you tell us....

I'm just sayin'...Axel's got the coconuts watching us apparently. Feelin' a little paranoid.

Yes, I have no pschy meds . . . :mrlooney:

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

IMG_8649%2B%255B640x480%255D.JPG

I did not know sean connery had gone to fuji islnds with his pet to play with blue ball.

Kew, where are my meds?

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Anyone on here good with Excel?

No.

Epic PRA hair do

post-5835-0-93622800-1380325667_thumb.jp

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

Epic PRA hair do

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

WOW!

If you go bald, you can always get one of those scalp tattoos . . .

To all the ladies wanting to know about that GORGEOUS JACKET! The designer is Dries van Noten. It comes from the spring 2012 collection and while it was expensive as all get out. Its now very hard to find. Here is a link

http://www.polyvore.com/how_to_wear_it_dries/set?id=45513680

dries-van-noten-white-dune-dress-product

And don't forget the bag to go with it!

http://www.lyst.com/bags/dries-van-noten-palm-tree-print-tote-bag-green/

dries-van-noten-green-palm-tree-print-to

Now back to reality....

I suggest that this thread close voluntarily before the powers that be close it for us.....

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

I suggest that this thread close voluntarily before the powers that be close it for us.....

Yes, I vote we close it with some pictures of my garden:

The most striking feature of the warbonnet fern is the iridescent blue of the leaves, which contain abundant anthocyanin pigments. These pigments are light-reactive chemicals that reflect blue light and give color to the blue and purple flowers and fruit. The warbonnet fern is among the many bioluminescent flora of Pandora.

ff_avatar_guide3_f.jpg

Dicsonia avataranum

Pandora7.jpg

Helicoradian (also known as Loreyu, meaning "beautiful spiral") is a zooplantae (part animal, part plant) possessing a single leaf that responds to touch by coiling up and retracting to the ground. Its neuromuscular system makes it difficult for xenobiologists to classify. Helicoradia can grow to 6-8 meters (20-26 feet) in height and 2.5 meters (8.2 feet) across.

• Upvote 1

yes,

j.cammaron's Pandora is all we need and iam surprised how the special effects director missed our jurassic palms like Coryphas.

for me the movie din't appeal the textures made me feel iam watching a video game in a xbox or ps3.and the story line was more of our indian epics.

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Albeit among much silliness, there is also a lot of palmliness in this thread. Now, if the mod moved it Ohana Nui that would be his judgement, but why would the thread be closed? Did I miss something?

• Upvote 1

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Okay.

I've learned my lesson. I shall not judge a topic by its title on Palmtalk ever again!

I guessed this was a topic asking if we were ready for Fall/winter/cold. Since I'm not and didn't want to feel guilty reading about what everyone else was doing to protect their plants, I put off opening this one. Then I noticed how many responses and thought MAYBE, just maybe, I was wrong this once.

Also, one of my cats is now sleeping on my lap and I didn't want to disturb him (meaning good excuse to stay on the computer instead of doing chores).

Dang it! The cat just jumped off while I was writing that sentence. The cat must be psychic. Now I'll have to come up with some other lame excuse to avoid working.

• Upvote 1

Cindy Adair

Hi Axel,

Did you know that only opening ceremony you have the controls,But closing ceremony it is still in the hands of our Palm Mod.... :P And our guys are blind to "notice"...And Look what hammer has to say.He has hammered a point.

God Bless !

love conquers all..

43278.gif

Believe it or not guys/gal, I don't read every single post/topic on PT - even if I wanted to I couldn't do that anymore. So I'm a little late to the party, but glad everyone is having fun without me. No harm, no foul. :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I think it should stay open.... to remain as a reminder of a night of drunken depravity... or something like that B)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

I think it should stay open.... to remain as a reminder of a night of drunken depravity... or something like that B)

Next time you get night of drunken depravity, perhaps you can carve some plant ivory! That is, if you can grow a Phytelephas macrocarpa or Phytelephas aequatorialis, which you can do if you have the same weather as in the Amazon basin. (http://waynesword.palomar.edu/pljan99.htm)

vegivo1.jpg

Ha ha! Reminds me of college.

What do you need?

John Case

Brentwood CA

What do you need?
I'm trying to take a multiple variable formula across multiple apply it to multiple rows, through a single formula and have it generate results unique to each respective row. Does that make any sense at all?

What do you need?
I'm trying to take a multiple variable formula across multiple apply it to multiple rows, through a single formula and have it generate results unique to each respective row. Does that make any sense at all?

Yes it does. preface each row and column variable with a $ where you want it to remain constant and you should have the results you are looking for.

John Case

Brentwood CA

To all the ladies wanting to know about that GORGEOUS JACKET! The designer is Dries van Noten. It comes from the spring 2012 collection and while it was expensive as all get out. Its now very hard to find. Here is a link

Now back to reality....

Oh, Horses & Palms, you are GOOD! B):yay::wub: But $1,515 -- (sharp intake of breath) -- oh, I am so darn cheap. :mrlooney: Let's see, 2 roundtrips to Hawaii plus a generous trip to Floribunda, OR a palm dress.... hmmmm.... (ok, this is a little tough...) hmmm.... Uh, okay, I have to pass on the dress. Ow, that hurt!! :bemused::violin: Oh, the tote, yeah, it's marked down to $845, but it's just not as cool as the dress. :yay:

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I'm always ready.

That is a nice palm dress.

Hmm. Kim, bet you could make your own for a fraction of the cost and every bit of the style . . .

Now back to reality....

Oh, Horses & Palms, you are GOOD! B):yay::wub: But $1,515 -- (sharp intake of breath) -- oh, I am so darn cheap. :mrlooney: Let's see, 2 roundtrips to Hawaii plus a generous trip to Floribunda, OR a palm dress.... hmmmm.... (ok, this is a little tough...) hmmm.... Uh, okay, I have to pass on the dress. Ow, that hurt!! :bemused::violin: Oh, the tote, yeah, it's marked down to $845, but it's just not as cool as the dress. :yay:

These prices are insane! I bet some people still buy this stuff.

• 2 years later...

Epic random epicness of an epic proportion. 

Btw does it make anyone else's OCD go crazy that Europe is the only continent that doesn't begin with an A and end in an A?

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

Europe is not a continent. If we accept the contary, then we should accept also that India is a separate continent, which is not of course, we may call latter SUBcontinent and that's all. Same should apply with pure objective, gegraphical criteria also on Europe.