Sign in to follow this  
Cindy Adair

Free seeds from Puerto Rico

Cindy Adair

Very limited fruit seeds and should germinate quickly if planted ASAP. I soak for three days, changing water daily. All will die probably below 50 F. Marang (3 seeds only), a couple of Garcinia laterifolia, a few rambutan and some Amazon grapes.

Lots of Astrocaryum sp. seeds: solitary, very spiny, but lovely tree! A focal point for sure! Search my posts for photos or PM me if questions as I'm not 100% sure of the species name.

I've promised a few already. For the rest, free shipping in the U.S. I'm not sure about shipping elsewhere and will decide depending on the response.

Cindy Adair

Still lots of Astrocaryum available. I think all the fruit seeds are gone now. I'm trying to make just one trip to the post office so let me know ASAP if you want some.

Cindy Adair

As in my comments, 11 people were mailed various seeds today. Good Luck to everyone! It's fun for me to think of lots of little potential palms growing all over the world. Of course I'd love to hear and/or see photos if anyone has good luck with germination.

NatureGirl

Just wanted to follow up and say the Astrocaryum seeds have sprouted and the 'spikes' are just breaking the surface of the community pot. Did anyone decide what species it is?

Grasswing

Hello fellowship of Astrocaryum, mine have all sprouted, half of them are still in ziplock bags and the other half in pots, as was mentioned they are just pushing up the small spikes. I like that purple color!

Kindest regards,

Andrew