aztropic

They grow up so quickly!

palmfriend

Meg, Scott,

Thank you very much for your quick replies! 

So, no time to waste, I am going to find a nice spot for it soon.

Best regards -

Lars

aztropic

Adding to the timeline...

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

IMG_20200316_103530739.jpg

IMG_20200316_103556404.jpg

• Like 6

aztropic

Another year gone by...

aztropic 

Mesa,Arizona

IMG_20210405_182250520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210411_151942779_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

teddytn
On 4/11/2021 at 5:24 PM, aztropic said:

Another year gone by...

aztropic 

Mesa,Arizona

IMG_20210405_182250520_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210411_151942779_HDR.jpg

I don’t know if I’m more impressed by the palm tree, aloe being grown as a hedge, or that big cactus right against the house!! :wub:

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• xoRudy
      By xoRudy
      I recently planted my Bismarckia in August, it was planted straight and doing well. But, The wind has been really bad here in Maricopa all winter. It only blows in one direction as well. It’s now made my Bismarck lean. Should I stake? Or should I not worry about it because it’ll straighten itself up later on? 

• Ozzello
      By Ozzello
      Got a couple thousand Bismarck seeds from a mature female right next to a male. Some of the seeds were still a tad green, but all were ripe, and the embryos filled the nut shell, though they all had a small hole in the center of the embryo I don't see in other palm seeds,. Does anyone know if this is normal?
       I soaked a couple hundred fruit and all, and set the rest aside in #7 pots for a few weeks till the fruit loosened up. Now I am cleaning the fruit and soaking , and getting 100% floaters. Opened a couple and the embryos are receding from the shell and the space  (between embryo & shell) has a bit of white fuzzy look. Anyone know what I am dealing with here?
       Should I just clean them all, soak and attempt to germinate anyway? Hate to waste 100% of my time when I could dedicate the space and labor to easier trees to grow, but even if I can get 20% ish , I don't mind the work.
    • Teegurr
      By Teegurr
      Just recieved this Bismarckia in the mail. It was 62 dollars. I think that's a pretty good deal? I live in a very warm 8b, or even a 9a, so it might have a shot here, obviously needing some protection. Right now, of course, it's in a pot. I'll probably plant it in late March. Can anyone figure the age? Thanks.

• xoRudy
      By xoRudy
      Credit : Shamus O’ Leary’s Tropical Fruit trees
      Phoneix, Arizona

• xoRudy
      By xoRudy
      I planted this Bismarckia on Sep. 27th, so it’s been in the ground for almost two months. Everything’s been growing really well. Three spikes have opened up into healthy leafs since I planted it. 

This evening I went out to check on it and I noticed not only did the new spike open up early but it doesn’t look health. Looks almost sunburned, or damaged by wind? 

Does anyone have an idea to what’s going on? Should I be worried?