Sign in to follow this  
palmaddict

Free Greenhouse in San Diego

palmaddict

Dear All,

I am posting this as a benefit for someone I work with. She inherited a house with from a family member who was an active orchid grower. Since his passing she does not have a need for the greenhouses on the property. She is simply asking for someone to remove them and they are yours. She is in the San Diego area. If you are interested please contact me. Thanks Patrick

Here are the pictures I have and there are two greenhouses:

post-463-0-74830700-1375121864_thumb.jpg

post-463-0-93660600-1375121892_thumb.jpg

post-463-0-60745600-1375121920_thumb.jpg

Gonzer

Nice. Looks like it could double as a sauna.

paulgila

isn't that what a greenhouse is, a "plant sauna?"

Kim

Wow, "free fuel for your addiction". :yay: Looks very tempting, but I have to "just say no". Somebody who wants to shelter delicate small plants will snap it up...

Moose

A new project for the BS Man ? :greenthumb:

Funkthulhu

I wish I lived in San Diego. . .

Cindy Adair

I'm one of 3 members of our small local hobby greenhouse society that has successfully moved an unwanted greenhouse to a new location. We doubled our greenhouse space and the previous land owner got free disassembly and space for a swimmimg pool. It was a lot of work (72 panes of glass) but well worth it! I can't tell from the photos, but if either of these is in decent shape someone could be growing lots of neat tropicals this winter...

Hadogenes

What part of town are they in? If I can make it down this weekend to see how difficult the move would be, I'll get in touch with you for the address and time.

Thanks,

Mike

Temecula

Moose

What part of town are they in? If I can make it down this weekend to see how difficult the move would be, I'll get in touch with you for the address and time.

Thanks,

Mike

Temecula

The Mayor comes with the Greenhouse :floor:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• BamaPalmer
      By BamaPalmer
      What is the tallest/largest Diamond Joey Palm you have ever seem in a greenhouse, glass conservatory?  Where was it seen?  Andy
    • Shihro
      By Shihro
      Hey everyone,
      I recently became very interested in coconut palms, and found my way to this forum, where I've found the highest quantity of quality palm tree growing knowledge! There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people with great dreams (and successes) in growing beautiful palms in sometimes incompatible environments, and I think it's awesome!
      All that being said, just in theory and as a thought provoking question, do you all think it could be possible to grow a coconut palm in a greenhouse?
      Imagine you were in a location that obtained enough sunlight throughout the year to sustain them, were able to provide the proper environment for it, but just had too cold of a winter. Would you simply be able to make proper conditions for one by growing it in a greenhouse? This is assuming you have the space to fit it, as I've heard Fiji dwarf coconut palms are actually quite small for a coconut palm (correct me if I'm wrong). If you had all of that, would you be able to keep it happy and healthy enough to produce quality coconuts? This is also taking into account that space, funds, proper pollination, and any other limitations outside of climate are out of the picture, since it's just a theoretical question.
      This is all in theory, as I know this is both very inefficient and difficult to do, but I have seen no straight examples of it (most likely for these very reasons), and was just curious if ya'll think it could be done.
      Thanks again for being a great community! I'm glad to be a part of it.
    • Hferrell87
      By Hferrell87
      Hello all,
      I'm going to be receiving a lot of different palm seeds in the next month and am going to set up a seed/seedling area. 
      What's everyone use as their seed starting area? Greenhouse?
      I'd love to have a climate controlled area for the seeds/seedlings so I can enjoy all year long. Located in Central Florida (9a-9b).
      I'm going to be setting this up at the property, where my wife and I have started creating our nursery.
      I'm open ears on whats worked for everyone.
      Thanks,
      Halley F.
    • BS Man about Palms
      By BS Man about Palms
      Some of you may remember when I got a greenhouse... if not, a link..
      The last few posts attest to it falling into disuse... I know it helps, but I think with my purchasing at the time I outgrew it fairly quick... well, to come full circle, I have curtailed my purchases AND seem to be making some headway/progress on keeping the front yard under control, so I was thinking of getting it back up again...
    • Pal Meir
      By Pal Meir
      Only when a seedling has problems with its roots (as in this case with a L itapebiense seedling without a real radicle) I am using a (kind of) greenhouse.

In all other cases my window sills (for seedlings) or my living room (around my home office for bigger ones) is enough (without any humidifier), no matter if the palms are »tropical« (as e.g. Licuala) or not.