Sign in to follow this  
zootropical

Large and nice winter protections pictures needed

zootropical

Dear all,

I am working on a article project about exotic plants and palms protections from cold during winter. This article will be publish in october 2013 in Plantaexotica. Any pictures with some details (location, lowest temperatures, sp. protected ...) are welcome. Pictures may be free of copyright. But I will write the name of the photograph.

I have already two papers from french growers but I would like to present US and Canadian growers to.

You can answer here or contact me by email at jmdupuyoo(at)yahoo.fr

Thank you.

Jean-Michel

bronxboynyc71

you might want to try to contact someone from this post (wxman) He actually has a thread named

Uncovered in Wisconsin located in this forum-- good luck

zootropical

Thank you. That's a great thread.

Does somebody use such protection for Archontophoenix, Howea,... or other subtropical sp. ?

Thank you.

Jean-Michel

zootropical

Thank you very much. Coconut in this area is amazing. I hope the author of this post will reply to my request.

All the best.

Jean-Michel

Palm crazy

Some one you might want to contact is CoconutMike in Montreal, Canada. You can fine him on Youtube and I think he has a website.

Good Luck to you.

zootropical

Thank you very much. Yes I already contacted him. I will try again for sure.

Exotic Life

I grow Phoenix canariensis and Washingtonia robusta in southwest Netherlands. If you are interested I can add some pictures or send them to you.

They have always got protection since they have been planted to keep the stuff dry. Minimum temperatures in that period not much below -3 and -6 as coldest. The last few winters has been much colder in whole europe so also here. Have seen temperatures from -8/-10 a couple times and one night -13C. Still using the same form of protection as I always did, but needed a heater at the coldest nights. I really hope that the milder winters returns :)

zootropical

Yes you can send me pictures. My email is jmdupuyoo(at)yahoo.fr

Hope the coldest winters are just part of a cycle... Difficult to find informations about this.

Sincerely.