IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

February treat

Exotic Life

(happ @ Feb. 19 2007,14:31)

Glad Europe has been spared the weather experienced over much of the U.S.  Someone recently posted photos of beautiful palms growing in northern Europe; a mild winter certainly helps keep the palm trees looking great.  

Happ,

You're right, a winter like this is very good for the exotics over here. If they say to me, you get from now only winters like this one i say yes!

But good looking, the don't have got damage from the winter, but like you know we have got 3 storms, and almost every palm have got some wind damage over here ... But not to bad ... if the spring comes now early we gonna get a lon growing season :D

Robbin

Southwest

Today was another good day ... forecast for today was 11C/51,8F But i take a tempeture of 15,9C/ 60.6F als highest temp today  :cool:

Let's go for spring  :D Maybe early to say that, but i walk today ouside for the carnaval in a winter jacket ... and i have got it a little warm :)

Robbin

Southwest

Hi,

Yesterday at the end of the afternoon we have got some clouds ... that we normally see after a hot summerday. With Thunder en lightning and hail ...  Typical weather effect for the summer ... completly black clouds ...

This 3 picture's i took yesterday ...

516602163420.jpg

And the blue sky came after the clouds :)

1622007213959.jpg

And the sun goes down ...

182200721113.jpg

Southwest

I'm relatively happy at the moment, as temperatures have been consistently 2°C/3.6°F or more above the forecast temperature.  Most days 11-12°C/52-54°F, and nights 8-9°C/46-48°F.

I say relatively happy, because that's as good as I get until summer arrives.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

It has been relatively dry in February.  I hope it rains more in March.

But, as usual the temperature is a constant.

forecast24feb.jpg

Don Kittelson

LIFE ON THE RIO NEGRO

03° 06' 07'' South 60° 01' 30'' West

Altitude 92 Meters / 308 feet above sea level

1,500 kms / 932 miles to the mouth of the Amazon River

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil - A Cidade da Floresta

Where the world´s largest Tropical Rainforest embraces the Greatest Rivers in the World. .

82331.gif

Click here to visit Amazonas

amazonas2.jpg

End of the dry summer here.

Thursday after carnaval the sky opened up and melted above Recife: 97 mm concentrated in less than 12 hours (glub, glub...) temperature glued to 28°C. Coconuts are happy and clapping fronds... :D

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

The 80s are back. :D Next Friday and Saturday looking very warm with highs around 86 and lows in the mid-60s. Love this.

I'm SOOO jealous :(

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

(SoLando @ Feb. 25 2007,12:20)

The 80s are back. :D Next Friday and Saturday looking very warm with highs around 86 and lows in the mid-60s. Love this.

Yeah their back in Texas too, it will be 80F tomorrow.  Been averaging in the 70s and 80s the past several days, with a high of 84 a couple days ago.  Absolutely beautiful picture perfect weather.

Very humid the next few days and a good chance of thunderstorms. It is really dry everywhere and the ponds and canals are low, so we could use the rain and heavy rain at that. 67.7F at 6:18AM on our way to 83F today. Beautiful weather and on our way to summer.

Royal Palm Beach, FL.

USDA Zone 10A/10B Subtropical

26.7 degrees N. latitude

10 miles West of West Palm Beach and the ocean

Avg. yearly rainfall 58 inches

:cool:

Just lovely over here in Tarpon Springs as well.

Plants should really start to perk up from here on out.

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

Rain here through Wednesday.......lows in the high 30's.....

sucks....

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

Yesterday and today I was actually sweating. It feels good after a cold start in February. Can you believe it? The coldest temp in Feb 16 and now the hottest of the winter in the mid 80s, within two weeks of each other! The weather inside is frightful, but the sun outside is delighful, let it grow!!!

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

And ok ... new record again ...

This winter was the mildest ever ...! :D

Robbin

Southwest

I have sunburn! :D ...Not that I'm happy... It's just so warm outside! And, plus, it's time to start the "tanning season." ;)