IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Any input on this grower from Carlsbad?

coolricksfromtijuana

I hope this is the correct forum to ask but if not, mods please feel free to move it.

He posts on Craigslist and the phone is 760-845-1920, google says DR's Palms and Plumerias, but nothing else, don't want to make a mistake

Thank you.

Escondido: the Ideal place to grow palms

Could it be? I'll try.

I have purchased from Dwight over the past several years. My experience has always been great.

Lots of plants and fair pricing.

Ive been wondering the same , he sure has alot of ads , and alot of marginal stuff... ie acai palm...

Dwight is a nice guy, and has delivered stuff to me in Santa Barbara from Carlsbad. I would consider him a broker more than a grower. He has a lot of stuff though!

Thanks to all for responding. He sure does have interesting stuff. A phone call is in order. I'll post what I purchased.

Escondido: the Ideal place to grow palms

Could it be? I'll try.

• 1 month later...

Dwight just made his second delivery to Northern California. All the plants were very well grown, and fairly priced. I purchased the most well-grown Laccospadix I have ever seen. Perfect condition, not a single brown leaflet tip anywhere on the plant.

Too bad for me that my garden is already too congested!

contact him at...

Dwight Ries

760-845-1920

drplumerias@aol.com

San Francisco, California

• 4 weeks later...

Dwight is a great guy who will take the time to explain exactly what you are looking for an answer any questions about how to grow his palms he even went out of his way to pick me up a 15 gallon specimen palm and he didn't charge me any sort of markup. I would go back.

• 5 months later...

I have placed several orders with Dwight last year, and I've been very happy with the quality of plants he has supplied me, and I would recommend him to anyone. I was so happy with Dwights' services that I actually ended up tipping him an extra $200 because I felt he had underbid a palm order for me.

• 6 months later...

A bump for Dwight. I placed my first order last week. His plants are gorgeous and delivery is very reasonable. He's a great guy to boot! I look forward to buying again.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got off the phone with Dwight super nice guy and beyond great prices. Picking up his last jubaeopsis  caffra from him Friday most prices I got from others for this species were 4 times his price for the same size. Also getting some other killer stuff at awesome prices thanks Dwight!

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Got a beautiful 15 gal. D. Lanceolata from Dwight. Great prices plus reasonable delivery. Highly recommended!

• 4 years later...