IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Urine makes a great palm fertilizer...........

trioderob

10 minutes ago, BS Man about Palms said:

I need to pee.. thus I bumped this thread.. :)

Funny.....

Until this happens:

Edited by GottmitAlex
  • Like 1

5 year high 42.2C/108F (07/06/2018)--5 year low 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)--Lowest recent/current winter: 4.6C/40.3F (1/19/2023)

I just had a sit down with myself.

Why did I read 4 pages of threads about peeing on plants without stopping?

Huh huh huh huh cause it's cool huh huh huh

• 1 year later...

I love browsing old threads, lockdown is a great excuse.  

Some need bumping just for the fun of it.  Er, er I mean for the people who may have missed all of the latest information.

• Like 1

Cheers Steve

It is not dead, it is just senescence.

I love this thread and remember browsing it before I joined palmtalk. I've been taking a break from giving pee to my palms because I think they're too young still. Maybe next year when they're more than well enough established they'll be ready. I'm afraid of loving my palms to death because I'v been guilty of that a few times already, so I want to be cautious. That said, our young papayas LOVE urine and grow very rapidly and form thicker trunks and more leaves with urine than they would without urine.

• Like 1

If you cannot pee on the palms in your front yard, you do not have enough palms.  Go green and pee on a palm, and plant a few more.

• Like 5

I pee within my palms' leaf spread whenever I can... it makes sense and saves flushing water. It pisses my wife off. (Pun intended).

In particular, our D. lanceolata is particularly grateful and is getting a light greenish blue hue along the trunk. Oh, it is closest to the back door.... :D

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Melbourne Beach, Florida on the barrier island -two blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 6 homes from the Indian River Lagoon

Being a genuine old fashioned Northern Territory boozehound ( ie I like beer ), I have the ability to produce lots of 'natural' liquid fertilizer. My whole suburban garden is built around this wonderful product.  Expensive at $50 for a case of 24, nevertheless, works miracles on tropical plants, including palms. Tomatoes thrive, as does all the SE Asian vegetable crops we can grow in our climate.. 
Naturally, I dilute somewhat with water, say a bladder full to a 2 gallon bucket and use it both foliar and roots. I avoid tender young ferns and orchids, or maybe a very week solution. Mind you, I have a large birds nest fern that gets full strength and it is the healthiest specimen I've seen, fronds of the deepest green !

82390721_3561442827205794_6576255560570634240_o.jpg

101295778_3561440583872685_5443865971028656128_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/3/2018 at 9:29 PM, Palm Tree Jim said:

Funny.....

that dewd lives up the street from me. 

Are we rebranding the IPS to the I Pee S? 

• Like 3

A lot of fertilizer and compost threads always seem to introduce this topic, but here is a whole thread dedicated to urea. 

7 hours ago, spike said:

this topic is such a read...

It does have a flow to it. 

• Like 3

Someone mentioned cultures using bodily waste as fertilizer. Absolutely do not use human stool on edibles as this is how hepatitis A spreads. It does not spread via urine. Human stool as fertilizer is not used as it can pass on pathogens.

I have found rabbit droppings to be the best  stool fertilizer.

Edited by D Palm
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, teddytn said:

3119911B-7977-4B67-8709-FC5278916E9F.thumb.jpeg.57a700f6fe73f476b88992ea66518be9.jpegMy man here on the phone had me dying!!:floor:

You gotta multitask in today's busy world 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, teddytn said:

3119911B-7977-4B67-8709-FC5278916E9F.thumb.jpeg.57a700f6fe73f476b88992ea66518be9.jpegMy man here on the phone had me dying!!:floor:

Now you can work on your aim from a distance, but thrust control may be a persistent issue.

• Like 1