IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Rainy Season for Florida

gsytch

Rained here yesterday but ran under the oak to stay dry :P

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

FINALLY rained here! After 27 consecutive dry days. Only 3/10" BUT I will take it. It is a start. Tomorrow there may be a bit of a seabreeze, and if that happens, perhaps the showers will kick up better and last longer. They are just booking across the state...winds are still up but ti did rain! :)

Begonias are my thing. I've been growing and selling them for three decades, nearly two in Tampa Bay. NPR is an bhour N of St Pete, coast

Once again I missed it. It rained for a little bit very lightly, enough to wet the ground barely. That was it. Pinellas is currently getting big storms and rains, and before it thundered and was real dark. Me - hose out yet again!

Begonias are my thing. I've been growing and selling them for three decades, nearly two in Tampa Bay. NPR is an bhour N of St Pete, coast

Boca Raton (South Palm Beach County) was slammed with over 22 inches in May, almost all of it in the last 10 days. It's been pouring most of today & the power was even out for a few hours. :mrlooney: Are you sure you guys are in Florida?

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

Once again I missed it. It rained for a little bit very lightly, enough to wet the ground barely. That was it. Pinellas is currently getting big storms and rains, and before it thundered and was real dark. Me - hose out yet again!

I also missed the hefty rain totals that fell in the area. Within 2 miles from my place a few roads were closed last night due to high water. For me .08" in the rain gauge. This weeks rain chances look good with 60-70% chances. I guess I will have to wait my turn for the rain.

Still waiting for that rainy season. Yesterday, despite thunder and a radar lit up like 4th of July, total rain was .03" again. TOTAL in a month now is a whopping .30" - my yard is so brown. BROWN. It did make this morning nice and cool, and foggy. However, the hose comes out yet again............... :violin:

Finally started getting rain here, it's been on and off the last two days and already the palms are picking up speed. I find this funny as I've been deeply watering every day with well water and they still weren't growing all that much.

Keith 

Palmetto, Florida (10a) and Tampa, Florida (9b/10a)

Well, it has rained, finally, but not much. 1/4" on the nose today and a whopping .05" Sat NONE sunday! The prediction is for more heavy rains this week and I need it badly. I'm telling you the heat stress in the yard is terrible. Brown lawns, drooping palm fronds, hose out daily (but not today). I hear Thursday might potentially be the wettest day. Bring it on! :yay:

Another 5" this past Saturday evening. That's two 5" totals for a day in the last 3 or 4 weeks. It's sooooo wet!

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

eyes on the gulf

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

Well gsytch, you may soon be catching up on your rainfall, if the predictions of a tropical system affecting the W coast materializes...

post-4141-0-92415300-1370361671_thumb.jp

Here it comes!

650x366_06031745_hd25-1.jpg

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

It has finally rained! 1/2" since MOnday. June's total is now a whopping .75", All of May's 2 1/2" fell on the 1st and 2nd with the exception of a few light showers, and I do mean light, that really did not measure on the gauge. So, the heavier rains will be welcomed here! :yay: :yay: :yay:

We've been lucky this year and I have noticed no dry season at all. My highest water bill month is always May but this year it will be like any other month. Before the tropical system in the gulf we were starting to get rainy season weather earlier than usual.

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

with yearly freezes

Yeah um like 1/10" total in 24 hrs...not much at all. Just overcast and gloomy. Hopefully some good rains are coming my way. They are well needed as the well is dry here in West Pasco. We've missed so much of the rains. Now this TS should give us a nice soaking! :violin:

Tropical Storm Andrea is going to be wet. Tornado warnings have been issued for most of the southern areas of Florida.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Tropical Storm Andrea is going to be wet. Tornado warnings have been issued for most of the southern areas of Florida.

:badday:post-1729-0-42388900-1370506304_thumb.gi

Tornado warning has been down graded to a watch. No deluge yet but a steady constant precipitation here ... :)

Lastest advisory is that Tropical Storm Andrea appears to be gaining strength. :bemused:

Pouring here ALL, and I mean ALL afternoon off and on, mostly on! Probably another 3-4" for the day, won't know until later when it quits. Starting to get real old...

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Getting a break up here today. Looks like a better chance for thunderstorms tomorrow.

Skell's Bells

Inland Central Florida, 28N, 81W. Humid-subtropical climate with occasional frosts and freezes. Zone 9b.

Pouring here ALL, and I mean ALL afternoon off and on, mostly on! Probably another 3-4" for the day, won't know until later when it quits. Starting to get real old...

Yes the rain is getting real old. Clouds started to break this afternoon and I saw the sun for the first time in at least a week. Then the clouds came back for another 0.22 inches. That brings my house to 9.03 inches since saturday.

Ended up with another 4.8" for yesterday. Ugh!!!

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Well, about three weeks ago I started this thread, and I said the rainy season was beginning early this year - and in earnest. Not so much rain here, but it has rained! About 4" total since Wed., of much needed rain. We missed so much until Andrea. There is more on the way for the next few days, too. :indifferent:

The summer has started off wet. May usually is a dry month but almost 6" of rain. And so far nearly 9 inches the first 10 days of June.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

........and nothing since the weekend but cloudless, sunny skies. I was in Orlando yesterday for a huge storm with buckets of rains. by the time I got home at 7pm nothing but sunny skies and thunder way off. Today not a cloud. It looks like a hot, dry week AGAIN! Argh...this coastal thing is getting old. Seabreezes keep us sunny. :violin:

For the officail NWS station at Miami International Airport:

May total precipitation: 16.18 (The all time record 18.66 set in 1925) a pretty wet May

June total preliminary precipitation: 3.64 (number seems low?)

Precipitation for 2013 so far: 28.16

May total precipitation: 16.18 (The all time record 18.66 set in 1925) a pretty wet May

Ron, Weather Underground shows 4.59 inches for June total in Miami.

In Boca Raton, May 2013 total precipitation: 13.24 in, all in the last 10 days of the month.

June 2013 total precipitation: 9.28 in :yay: so far

Everything is jumping out of the ground!

Ron, Weather Underground shows 4.59 inches for June total in Miami.

In Boca Raton, May 2013 total precipitation: 13.24 in, all in the last 10 days of the month.

June 2013 total precipitation: 9.28 in :yay: so far

Everything is jumping out of the ground!

That sounds more like it. I have no rain gauge, but I am sure seen more than that at my garden.

All plants be rockin' and rollin' here too Randy :wub::greenthumb:

It's back in Louisiana again. Had 7.25 inches in 2 days.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Okay, where did the rain go?

Not ay my house~! Been a week now since its rained despite the radar lighting up at times all week. Sadly, the hose is out yet again and this is getting real old. High overcast is helping a little. Send some rain! :yay:

I am still waiting for the rainy season to kick in here. If it was not for Andrea the total for June so far would be around a 1/4".

Yet again thunder loud enough to scare my kitty in, but nothing falling from the sky. It somehow misses my yard once again. This is getting really old. Hose out as soon as the thunder abates. The areas inland from me - where there are lakes on the sides of the roads - will be replenished while the desert called my yard stays dry............. :violin:

Now rain free for 8 days. The drizzle yesterday afternoon doesn't count. The upcoming week looks dry too.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

No complaints here, the steam machine is running full blast, and it pours hard when it lets go - now at really odd hours of the night. Garden is more lush than I can remember.

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

with yearly freezes

Now rain free for 8 days. The drizzle yesterday afternoon doesn't count. The upcoming week looks dry too.

Same here, 8 days and counting.....Ray. Bone dry. Not a cloud. My gauge reads 94.3F right now with a stiff breeze from the S. I hear it, but it doesn't fall. The hose comes out yet again! :violin: