IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana & we can ship to CA

DAsign Source Botanicals

D'Asign Source Botanicals

We have the following for sale and we can ship to California!

Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana

1gal for $20.00

post-4701-0-13791500-1366119428.jpg

3gal for $40.00

post-4701-0-89422400-1366119440.jpg

Pseudophoenix ekmanii

1gal for $60.00

post-4701-0-86991700-1366119453.jpg

Please message me at esperry@dasignsource.com to discuss shipping/preparation costs.

We have larger sizes available with both Pseudophoenix varieties.

We are not able to ship to Hawaii or Puerto Rico

What kind of price on shipping on 2 of the 3G ps? Also u ship bareroot or with soil.

Zip 92028

Shipping cost is around $60 via UPS with 5 days transit time and a standard $5 handling fee. Feel free to calculate shipping, the box is 11x11x49" at 20lbs. I usually ship with the container and soil. I am open to suggestions. This is for 3gal Pseudo's...

• 2 weeks later...

We have successfully shipped several 3gal Pseudophoenix to CA with 6 days transit time and no phyto-sanitary certificate. We do include our CA certificate. Everything is a go if anyone else is interested. Message me and we can calculate shipping exactly.

esperry@dasignsource.com

See how we ship 2 each 3gallon at 4' planted height to California! Saves on shipping costs. :)

post-4701-0-66119700-1367587493_thumb.jp]

post-4701-0-21033500-1367587504_thumb.jp

post-4701-0-89053300-1367587519_thumb.jp

Here is another shipment off to California! These Pseudophoenix sargentii var. navasana have tolerated 28 degrees. Two winters in a row at that temperature.

post-4701-0-62449100-1367854636_thumb.jp

Glad to see this species finally being spread around CA! There are only a handfull there with any size to them but hopefully this offer will help to change that fact. They are a great palm for the drier climates,and at Florida prices,what's not to love.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

*****************HELP SAVE ON SHIPPING***************

In one 14"x14"x48" box:

9 each liner

3 each 1gal

1 each 3gal

1 each 7gal

post-4701-0-74702800-1368453917_thumb.jp

In one 14"x14"x48" box:

9 each liner

3 each 1gal

1 each 3gal

1 each 7gal

attachicon.gifIMG_5312.jpg

Wow, now that's the way to go!!! Great to see that a lot more of these will now make their way into california! I have 10 in my yard, but this is tempting me to find space for more!!!

In one 14"x14"x48" box:

9 each liner

3 each 1gal

1 each 3gal

1 each 7gal

attachicon.gifIMG_5312.jpg

Wow, now that's the way to go!!! Great to see that a lot more of these will now make their way into california! I have 10 in my yard, but this is tempting me to find space for more!!!

when shipping is about the same price as one palm you might as well stuff the box with as much as you can. I must hand it to Elizabeth for being able to put more than originally estimated into the same box! with this many I'll probably plant a couple at my dad's place where he's right off the long beach channel

I assume you cut the leaves on the 7g, but do you select plants where you don't have to cut the spike (spike + roots < 48') ?

They do take forever to grow out of those cuts here in SoCal.

Regards,

James

Edited by james1234

We haven't had to cut any yet, just a little bending. I have been sure to pick palms with a new spike just emerging as to not have to cut the spike. If you want a very large 7gal then cutting is necessary :(

I have quite a few of these in my yard also.One interesting thing I've noticed over the years is that the 2 plants I have in full,all day Arizona desert sun have changed their appearance quite drastically.Fronds maintain a very stiff upright growth and the individual leaves are only 1/3 as long as a similar plant grown with a little shade.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

post-236-0-53469000-1368492363_thumb.jpg

Mesa, Arizona

Just 20 feet away in a shadier spot,growth is species typical with more relaxed fronds and longer leaves. In front of the sargentii is Pseudophoenix eckmanii,an ultra slow grow to be sure. (Pic taken today)

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

post-236-0-76205100-1368493040_thumb.jpg

Mesa, Arizona

What makes "navassana" different from other Sargentii's?

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

It's reputedly a faster growing subspecies of sargentii. Really tough to guarantee you have this ssp until you see several inches of mature trunk.Spaces between growth rings may be 3 or 4 inches apart as in the following pic while only 1 or 2 inches apart on a standard sargentii.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

post-236-0-82911800-1368532985_thumb.jpg

Mesa, Arizona

This is a pic of a standard sargentii grown in the same garden,under the same conditions,for comparison.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

post-236-0-02274300-1368533717_thumb.jpg

Mesa, Arizona

2 each 3gal ekmanii with a 7gal sargentii navasana headed to CA

post-4701-0-49435600-1368536978_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

It's reputedly a faster growing subspecies of sargentii. Really tough to guarantee you have this ssp until you see several inches of mature trunk.Spaces between growth rings may be 3 or 4 inches apart as in the following pic while only 1 or 2 inches apart on a standard sargentii.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Scott,

Your absolutely right! This subspecies is really nice. I recently saw a few at my friends yard, Pete Balasky. And I had to have one! Much more white and silver coloring and the growth rings are much further apart.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

I think the further apart growth rings really give the navasana a much better look, but that's just my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

Shipping Pseudophoenix ekmanii to CA.. See how we are making sure your palms arrive safely!

post-4701-0-48300800-1370441278_thumb.jp

post-4701-0-68239700-1370441286_thumb.jp

post-4701-0-45836200-1370441294_thumb.jp

Just received my Pseudophoenix ekmaniis and of course the delivery driver didn't pay attention to the this side up sticker on the box. Luckily they were wrapped really good and the plants look awesome.

Thanks

Shad

That's awesome they survived being kicked around , that extra saran wrap really helped. My sargentii nav. Got beat up a bit but because I had so many plants in mine most did fine, a 1g and a few seedlings came dislodged and was bare rooted on arrival but it's been about a month and they are doing perfectly fine.

Still need to order me an ekmanii!

Wow, this company is doing a great job with packing their shipments.

I hope others are watching this post and learning like me !

I assume this is navassana?

I would say most definitely, yes.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Shipping is a learning curve! Saran wrap has resolved the issue of plants becoming loose. The stickers "This End Up" are not always effective as one would assume. Thank you for all the orders.

PS. In several weeks we will be certified to ship Copernicia species, Coccothrinax species, and Leucothrinax morrisii.. :)

Shipping is a learning curve! Saran wrap has resolved the issue of plants becoming loose. The stickers "This End Up" are not always effective as one would assume. Thank you for all the orders.PS. In several weeks we will be certified to ship Copernicia species, Coccothrinax species, and Leucothrinax morrisii.. :)

Well, keep us all posted, and keep up the good work, Tom

Shipping is a learning curve! Saran wrap has resolved the issue of plants becoming loose. The stickers "This End Up" are not always effective as one would assume. Thank you for all the orders.

PS. In several weeks we will be certified to ship Copernicia species, Coccothrinax species, and Leucothrinax morrisii.. :)

Great news!

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

:greenthumb:

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

• 3 weeks later...

Pseudophoenix eckmanii... I think I know where Dr. Seuss found his inspiration! :winkie:

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

post-236-0-58498400-1372616118_thumb.jpg

Mesa, Arizona

We are now certified to ship to CA the following material:

Copernicia baileyana 3gal for $65

Copernicia hospita 3gal for $78

Coccothrinax argentata 1gal for $16; 3gal for $30

Coccothrinax crinita 3gal for $78

Coccothrinax montana 3gal for $55

Coccothrinax spissa 3gal for $35

Leucothrinax morrisii 1gal for $10

Email me at: esperry@dasignsource.com

:drool::drool::greenthumb:

I'd love to see some pics when you get the chance. Thanks so much!

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Any chance of Copernicia fallaensis in the future? If so, what sizes? Thanks.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"