Sign in to follow this  
bgl

LUNDKVIST, Bo-Göran W. - President 2008-2012

bgl

PalmTalk Username: bgl

Bo-Göran has been interested in palms ever since growing up in Sweden. He joined the IPS and the PSSC (Palm Society of Southern California) in 1991 and served as Editor of The Palm Journal in 1993-1994. He has been a Director on the IPS Board since 1994 and served as Vice President 2004-2008. In 1995, Bo-Göran and his wife Karolyn moved from the San Diego area to the Big Island of Hawai’i and acquired property in the Leilani Estates subdivision, south of Hilo. Bo-Göran planted more than 5,000 Palms on their five acres and also started up a palm nursery.

After a change in his personal life, he acquired two acres elsewhere in Leilani Estates and is now in the process of creating a new palm garden. Bo-Göran also served as Vice President of HIPS (Hawai’i Island Palm Society) in 1997-1998 and President 1999-2001 and was elected President of the IPS in May 2008 and served in that capacity until September 2012. Bo-Göran also has a lifelong interest in aviation and running/power-walking.

• Upvote 1

joe_OC

Bo,

Thank you for your contribution to the IPS. I hope you will continue to be on the BOD and help shepard the IPS to the digital world. I can't help but notice that most of the content on this page was from your efforts. Hopefully, one day, the IPS officers / executives / directors will use this page to provide son more informaton about themselves so members of PT can he to know them better. I hope that day comes sooner rather than later.

Joe

• Upvote 2

bgl

Joe,

Thank you VERY much for your kind words, and that's part of the reason why I started this sub-forum. Hopefully over time it will achieve its goal of providing more information and bring us all closer together!

Aloha,

Bo-Göran

• Upvote 1

yachtingone

Bo is a first class BOD!!! Bo's work in the Palm Society is noteworthy. I enjoy following his adventures thru the social media! He should be a BOD long into the future.

Randy

• Upvote 2