IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

LUNDKVIST, Bo-Göran W. - President 2008-2012

bgl

PalmTalk Username: bgl

Bo-Göran has been interested in palms ever since growing up in Sweden. He joined the IPS and the PSSC (Palm Society of Southern California) in 1991 and served as Editor of The Palm Journal in 1993-1994. He has been a Director on the IPS Board since 1994 and served as Vice President 2004-2008. In 1995, Bo-Göran and his wife Karolyn moved from the San Diego area to the Big Island of Hawai’i and acquired property in the Leilani Estates subdivision, south of Hilo. Bo-Göran planted more than 5,000 Palms on their five acres and also started up a palm nursery.

After a change in his personal life, he acquired two acres elsewhere in Leilani Estates and is now in the process of creating a new palm garden. Bo-Göran also served as Vice President of HIPS (Hawai’i Island Palm Society) in 1997-1998 and President 1999-2001 and was elected President of the IPS in May 2008 and served in that capacity until September 2012. Bo-Göran also has a lifelong interest in aviation and running/power-walking.

• Upvote 1

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

• 7 months later...

Bo,

Thank you for your contribution to the IPS. I hope you will continue to be on the BOD and help shepard the IPS to the digital world. I can't help but notice that most of the content on this page was from your efforts. Hopefully, one day, the IPS officers / executives / directors will use this page to provide son more informaton about themselves so members of PT can he to know them better. I hope that day comes sooner rather than later.

Joe

• Upvote 2

Huntington Beach, CA

USDA Zone 10a/10b

Sunset Zone 24

Joe,

Thank you VERY much for your kind words, and that's part of the reason why I started this sub-forum. Hopefully over time it will achieve its goal of providing more information and bring us all closer together!

Aloha,

Bo-Göran

• Upvote 1

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Bo is a first class BOD!!! Bo's work in the Palm Society is noteworthy. I enjoy following his adventures thru the social media! He should be a BOD long into the future.

Randy

• Upvote 2

test