Sign in to follow this  
trioderob

SELL SELL SELL

trioderob

I ejected and took profits at the 5 year high.

dont ask me the "how and whys "

have fun dudes.............

:interesting:

Edited by trioderob

MattyB

You're amazing. Change that avatar to your real pic so I can see who I'm kissing.

trioderob

Matty-

That is my real photo.

Steve-

I bailed out because of some technical indicators and very bad unexpected news out of Europe.

the punch line being "unexpected" - if it was just bad news- it would mean nothing.

here is a taste of what I am talking bout:

"Italy's GDP shrank 2.7% from the fourth quarter of 2011, Istat said. That's worse than the average forecast of a 2.3% annual decline.

Activity declined in the industrial, service and farming sectors, Istat said. The quarterly drop was the most severe since early 2009, when global trade froze up in the wake of Lehman Brothers' failure."

the market may still go up and i am wrong - but I feel that we are very overbought now and ANY more bad news, will lead to a 5-8 % drop.

im outta here - bro

Edited by trioderob

trioderob

down we go - just as I predicted real time on this forum.

lets see if this is short lived............. :interesting:

bgl

Wow, trioderob and MattyB on a date! :bemused::rolleyes::lol: Maybe get Paul to volunteer to take photos and a video? But, remember we need to keep it clean! :mrlooney: I know, that'll be a challenge... :floor:

Vincent

The Federal Reserve continues to buy,buy,buy- US debt (treasuries), real estate, equities, toxic assets, etc. Soon, the federal reserve will be buying yesterday's meatloaf. Where does the fed get the money to buy all this? Well, simple; it prints it! Actually, it is digital money not worth the paper it is not printed on. They can jimmy the market up at any time. Could go to 15,000 with just a few keys strokes. Doesn't matter if Europe is kaput.

trioderob

no Vincent - they are not going to do that - as the FED minutes indicated today.

Vincent

Minutes schminitz. It is QE d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png all the way.

trioderob

you must have some inside info.

Alicehunter2000

post-97-0-54799000-1361454858.gif

"Move aside mere drops of water....let the ocean pass"

trioderob

market at an important point right now - if it does not stablize right here it could plummet

can anyone add anything besides dumb arse music videos ???

Mandrew968

Your profile pic says it all.

trioderob

you got nothing - I have had a 1000 different photo avatars

tell me anything intelligent about the stock market

bet you cant ...........

Edited by trioderob

trioderob

ok -

we are very oversold short term - so look for a bounce.

I believe this will be a fakeout leading to much more selling.....

Vincent

Still a little left in the market. Odd that big dogs are starting to sell with both hands in a rise. That is alarming.

trioderob

Vincent-

things are starting to slow down.

2% drop in income from the SS increase and gas prices going sky high.

the average guy is out of money.

I know a guy who owns a nightclub in san diego- he told me business is dropping off again.

he said it had been going up and then boom gas prices hit back down she goes.................. :bemused:

think the market is going to go up a little more and then big crash.

Edited by trioderob

Dypsisdean

the market is going to go up a little more and then big crash.

It's déjà vu all over again.

DoomsDave

BLEAH

trioderob

"a little bit up and then down we go "

Trioderob

thats my word...............

Edited by trioderob

Dypsisdean

Again your prediction is worthless, without knowing the following.

What is "a little bit up?" - 10 pts, 100 pts, 200pts???

What's a "big crash?" - 100 pts, 1000 pts, 2000 pts???

And over what time frame will this happen - this week, next 2 weeks, next month, next 6 months???

I predict a little bit up for some stocks, then a little more down than up for some others, then not much movement in the overall market for a longer while, then a lot of movement for a shorter while, then back up a lot after down a medium amount.

And then it will be higher than it is today. But it will be lower than today before it is higher than it will be in the future after it drops a lot.

I'll be back in a month claiming I nailed it.

trioderob

"Again your prediction is worthless, without knowing the following"

Dean-

your turn

give me some information about the stock market - anything.

you dont need to make a prediction- just give me some interesting information - you pick what topic you would like to talk about related to the market.

Dypsisdean

"Again your prediction is worthless, without knowing the following"

Dean-

your turn

give me some information about the stock market - anything.

you dont need to make a prediction- just give me some interesting information - you pick what topic you would like to talk about related to the market.

How about discussing how difficult it is to time entering and exiting a trade.

For example - if you think a big downturn is in the cards - as you do - how and when do you go short? Do you put a limit order in on one of the ultra short ETFs, short an index like the SPY, or short individual stocks? Or do you go the option route? Or do you pick a day and time? Or do you just watch the market all day, including extended hours, until you get "that feeling?" IMO - If you have no idea at what level to begin establishing a position, how can you trade, or offer any advice?

And how do you decide where to put your stop(s) - using a percentage or using a chart? Do you place a stop with the broker, or are you disciplined enough to use a mental stop? And how do you decide when to exit if you are lucky enough to be on the right side of the trade - again, with a predefined limit order, trailing stop, etc???

Or do you "ease" in and out at various pre-defined levels or time intervals? Or do you listen to all the Mad Money types and then do "whatever feels right" whenever you feel like it?

These are all things to consider when trying to make money on a trade (or when claiming to make a prediction), it's not as easy as "a little bit up, then down we go."

trioderob

very good.

these are very good points -

go over all your points one by one and explain to me how you do it ?

I can tell you that everyone uses a different system.

some folks use Volume work, others e-wave, the terry -t system, ect...

but to toss you a "tid-bit" take a look at the way this guy looks at the market - I find his site very helpful:

be sure to read "Jays Notes"

http://www.undergroundtrader.com/jay/

Edited by trioderob

MattyB

My prediction is that it will go up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down,

paulgila

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor::floor::floor: :floor: :floor::floor::floor: :floor: :floor::floor::floor: :floor: :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor: :floor: :floor::floor: :floor:

My prediction is that it will go up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down, then up, then down,

:floor::floor::floor: :floor: :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

paulgila

rob,it looks like matt tossed you a" tid-bit" of his own. :floor:

Dypsisdean

very good.

these are very good points -

go over all your points one by one and explain to me how you do it ?

Wait a minute - when did this topic morph into how I trade?

1) I already told you a while back that I'm a contrarian and look for major long term inflection points. For example - AAPL could be near one now.

2) But you still haven't answered one of my questions directly.

The market is all about numbers. And I don't recall seeing one number in any of your posts. You might as well just tell everyone you buy low and sell high.

You need to give your statements some meaning with "a little bit up to (insert number here), and then down we go to (insert number here)" Up a little, down big is no different than buy low, sell high.

I can't tell my broker to go short after it goes up a little, then cover after it goes down big. Numbers Rob - you can't talk the market without using numbers.

trioderob

down we go.......................................clunk !

Edited by trioderob

MattyB

DeanO,

Can you tell your broker to "sell when your hear the clunk"?

trioderob

Dean-

I am not going to spoon feed you like its mothers milk.

But I like you - you are cool

here is something that will help you - learn it well:

Theory Volume Oscillator

http://stockcharts.com/public/1172710/tenpp

Edited by trioderob

redant

Never mind the tax conscientious of short term trades verses long term, you need to be really amazing to make up that much difference. Of course this gets even core convoluted for 2013, so much for simplifying the tax code. :sick:

Dypsisdean

Dean-

I am not going to spoon feed you like its mothers milk.

But I like you - you are cool

Ahhhh - I like you too Rob - Where's that "big hug" emoticon. :)

But please, if you thought I wanted mother's milk --- from you --- I don't like you that much. :)

All I have been asking is that you include some numbers with your predictions. That we were overdue for a correction was not a daring opinion. In fact, I was short for three days last week as a hedge against one. I missed by a day, but that is as good as a year. I would have been stopped out early in the day anyway. It is the timing or levels that are difficult. It is easy to say, as you did, that "we will drift higher until we have a correction." But until you say when or where to pull the trigger(s), in and out, it is not useful information - if you are trying to make money.

Now if you told me yesterday that you were going to short the S&P at 1525 today and cover at 1490, I would humbly ask to be your student. Or even if you had the courage of your conviction and caught half of the move today, I would be impressed. Otherwise it is all just vague prognostications.

Vincent

Will provide market insight for palm trees. No more free advice!