IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

KONADANTOM

Aloha – to share my IPS Biennial experience with friends on social media who are not (yet) palm people, I made a photo-video using photos I took during our September 2012 International Palm Society Biennial and Southern Thailand Pretour - I had a lot fun seeing old friends and making new friends - if you have friends and palm pals who are not regular IPS PalmTalk Forum users, you could use email or other social media networking like Facebook to send them links to our PalmTalk Forum member Biennial video and photo posts

Thailand IPS Biennial September 2012 by konadanni

Dan on the Big Island of Hawai'i / Dani en la Isla Grande de Hawai

Events Photographer roving paparazzi "konadanni"

Master Gardener, University of Hawai’i College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources

Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture

LinkedIn & email: konadanni@gmail.com / Facebook & Twitter & Google Plus: DanTom BigIsland

Wow, Dan, you really captured the joy of the biennial, thank you for that superb presentation.

I wonder if you could post that to the Palm Talk FB page? It would be a good way to spread the cheer beyond our usual PT audience.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Mahalo to OB Burt and to Kim for the kind feedback

Kim - I just posted the video link on the Palm Talk fb page - Mahalo for letting me know there was a Palm Talk fb page - I also "Liked" it - so many more people are "on fb / using fb" instead of regular email and other sites - very happy to learn that we Palm People now have a fb presence!

Dan on the Big Island of Hawai'i / Dani en la Isla Grande de Hawai

Events Photographer roving paparazzi "konadanni"

Master Gardener, University of Hawai’i College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources

Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture

LinkedIn & email: konadanni@gmail.com / Facebook & Twitter & Google Plus: DanTom BigIsland

Very well done, love it! My wife also loved it. The close up face shots were awesome too. Nice to see different perspectives of an amazing biennial, and pre-tour too!

Frank

Zone 9b pine flatlands

humid/hot summers; dry/cool winters

with yearly freezes

Well done, very professional.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

• 2 months later...

I'm enjoying all the Biennial coverage! Fantastic stuff. You all had an incredible journey. Sure wish I could have figured out a way to have gone.