IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

"Palms of Madagascar" ready for review

edric

Sub Category "Palms of Madagascar" link below, please let me know if I've missed anything, or made an error, or if you find the abbreviation ca., or c. which stands for circa, or in layman's terms, about, and I have replaced it for those two abbreviations 'about' 1000 times minimum, have fun, Ed

http://www2.palmpedia.net/wiki/Category:Palms_of_Madagascar

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif

I don't see Ravenea krociana on there.

I hadn't finished it it's in there now, Ed

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif

Or Ravenea beentjei, Ravenea delicatula, Ravenea hildebrandtii, Ravenea hypoleuca, Ravenea latisecta... the list goes on...

Ravenea hildebrandtii, isn't from Madagascar, but you'll find it in the Ravenea index, the others like 40 other species of Dypsis I have no photos of, if there are no photos, it's not included, Ed

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif

Excellent, I see you have copied in large passages from PoM which is great. I don't want to rake over old Dypsis mysteries but I do feel heteromorpha is unknown in cultivation and that plant going round is something else. Also is that Queensland picture of ambositrae not plumosa or even something else? I know it is still on the PACSOA site but looks very wrong to me.

cheers

Richard

Excellent, I see you have copied in large passages from PoM which is great. I don't want to rake over old Dypsis mysteries but I do feel heteromorpha is unknown in cultivation and that plant going round is something else. Also is that Queensland picture of ambositrae not plumosa or even something else? I know it is still on the PACSOA site but looks very wrong to me.

cheers

Richard

Hi Rich, I have no Idea on the heteromorpha, but thanks for catching that error in ambositrae, it sure wasn't ambositrae, I've removed it, Ed

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif

That is the best compilation of photos bar none, a tabletop book should be made out of this list and group of photos.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Gary

Rock Ridge Ranch

South Escondido

5 miles ENE Rancho Bernardo

33.06N 117W, Elevation 971 Feet

That is the best compilation of photos bar none, a tabletop book should be made out of this list and group of photos.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Gary

Gee, thanks Gary, but I've added nearly thirty more habitat photos of various Dypsis that I forgot to include, since I posted this thread, and made I don't know how many corrections, a table top book is a Nice sentiment, but this version gets updated daily, thanks again Gary, and you too Rich! Ed

MOSQUITO LAGOON

Oak_Hill.gif