IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Commemorative Photo Gift for Nong Nooch

Annika

Apaandssa- awesome. I just logged onto the email and saw- impressive commentary too!!! As much as , if not more so, than the photos I think those comments of thanks are going to really make it special. I like projects so I volunteered to create this one- there's been a handful of folks who have emailed some photos and comments. Anybody else want to share something please do so soon via email posted in 1st post on this thread. Basicailly the concept is a nice "Thank You" photo book with comments to go along with the photos - something for Kampon himself and if I make on Blurb (as planned) whoever wants can order it. The more the merrier - awesome stuff already sent to the email that I can begin with...

Aloha Annika and Mahalo for your efforts - I just logged in to fb and Liked your fb page and also the Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden fb page

Dan on the Big Island of Hawai'i / Dani en la Isla Grande de Hawai

Events Photographer roving paparazzi "konadanni"

Master Gardener, University of Hawai’i College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources

Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture

LinkedIn & email: konadanni@gmail.com / Facebook & Twitter & Google Plus: DanTom BigIsland

Finally sent pix.. nary 3 weeks later

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

• 2 months later...

I've been such a slacker with this photo book creation!!! :hmm:

I FINALLY logged into the account I created for people to send pics too. I am in the process of now downloading all the beautiful photos people have sent. Last call- if you have any photos you would like to contribute please send to:

2012biennialphotos@gmail.com

I will put your names next to the photos you sent and if you also included a "message" for the book in the email I will include that too. :)

Good 2013 Greetings to All!

Thanks in advance for your hard work Annika! :D

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

It's quite an undertaking Annika! Thank you and Good Luck.

Peter

hot and humid, short rainy season May through October, 14* latitude, 90* longitude

• 2 months later...

So, I finally got down to business today, downloaded all the photos that people sent me for the commemorative gift book and created it via Shutterfly.

Following this link, you should be able to go ahead and order a copy for yourselves. As the book was a dedication book to Kampon, the front cover has that clearly stated and I have left it at that.

Big Tip that applies ONLY FOR TODAY. If you order the book today, March 26, 2013, you can use the code MYBOOK for big savings!!!! No, I am not working on behalf of Shutterfly, but of course want to share this tip. I believe the book without the discount will run abnout 40 or 50 bucks and with the discount is 20 bucks.

You can order (and preview) the book here:

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=8e741620a2fe3adc&sid=0CYuHLZw3csnJw

:winkie:

I just ordered mine with the MYBOOK discount code. It came to $20.74 INCLUDING shipping USD. FYI I didn't see a paypal option, but my credit card worked fine.

Don't miss the chance as it took $29.99 off the regular price. One of a kind and you don't won't to miss it! Thanks Annika!

Cindy Adair

Annika, thanks a lot for taking this initiative and getting this done! I ordered my book yesterday, and yes, the MYBOOK discount is pretty unbeatable. Dropped the price (including shipping) from $50 to $20! :)

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Well, I missed out I guess.. been busy and did not see or understand the discount you mentioned on fb till I saw here.. a day too late.. :(

maybe it will go on sale again..

Book arrived in the mail today! Great job, Annika and a wonderful memory from an incredible Biennial. Lots of photos of lots of people! Thanks for taking the initiative to do this! :)

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

• 4 weeks later...

I received another discount offer (from the company that makes this book) for 20% off photobooks. If you are interested, I think it will work for you rather than being specific to me. PM me and you can at least try it.

Cindy Adair

Finally ordered mine.. Missed the big discount, but Cindy's helped.. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if it'll work, but if you want to try it, the following code from Shutterfly claims 40% off on all photobooks: BOOK40. Since I ordered the Biennial book from this company they send me email coupons. I could stop the emails, but have allowed them so I can send discount codes your way for awhile.

Cindy Adair

I should update here that I recieved my book.. AWESOME! I thought there would be more contributors, but Annika had GREAT pics to choose from! (Somehow I think she made my pics look better than I remember..)

Thanks again to Annika, Cindy and all the other contributors.. Even if you didn't contribute but were there, its a great book to get!

• 3 weeks later...

I think BOOK50 will work for 50% off of this book for awhile. It goes in the coupon section....

Cindy Adair