Sign in to follow this  
Eric F

Sun hardened Caryota ochlandra, SEQ Australia

Eric F

Location: Redland Bay, QLD. You pick up. Free, without pot. It wants to go in the ground.

I have a Caryota ochlandra to give away. It was purchased 4 or 5 months ago in a 200mm nursery pot, but is currently in a larger pot which I would like to keep, so you would need to remove it from the pot and have some way to protect the root ball while transporting it (wrap with tarpaulin, etc). I could provide a 300mm nursery pot to use for transport, unless the root system has grown much. It has been idle over winter, so the roots may not have grown too much. It was sun hardened when I got it, and has been in full sun 8+ hours per day.

I have decided that this palm is really not long term compatible with being in a pot, despite what I may have been thinking at the time. It will be much happier in a garden.

Pick up available on weeknights or weekend with prior arrangement.

post-6725-0-25447100-1346485175_thumb.jp

Daryl

Eric, I'm keen...

Eric F

OK. It should be quite happy at your place, and then I also get to see how it looks in a few years :)