IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Jones Landscaping Nursery

Tomw

9 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this Grower

• POSITIVE - I have had a positive experience and would recommend this grower. (Comment Optional)
    • NEGATIVE - I have had a negative experience and would not recommend this grower (Comment Required)

Jones Landscaping Nursery 5301 SW 82nd Avenue Davie, Fl (954)296-2019

Chip Jones is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to do business with, he specializes in hard to find cycads. He has a very large and ever growing selection of hard to find Blue Encephalartoses, Zaimia's, Dioons and Cycas. He also has a large selection of Orchids and Bromeliads. I have made the trip down to Chips place many times and have purchased many great plants from him; I always look forward to returning! I would give Jones Landscaping Nursery my highest vendor recommendation! I would also recommend visiting Chip's wed sight @ http://www.cycadflor...da/Nursery.html!

Edited by Tomw

Palm Beach Palm and Cycad Society Member (IPS Affiliate)

North Palm Beach

• 3 weeks later...

Chip has an incredible collection of cycads. In addition, he has many other palms and tropicals that are specimens. His nursery area is really beautiful and a visual testament to his landscape design abilities.

• 3 weeks later...

Chip's nursery is well worth a visit. In the last couple of years he has gone from 1000's of Thrinax radiata's to 100's, and now a large collection of Cycads, Orchids, Bromilliads and other plants. Chip is very knowledgeable and tries to have reasonable prices.

Dale F. Holton

Chip's place is well worth a visit !

He has a bunch of really great plants. If you are in the area give him a call and stop buy.

Happy growing,

George Sparkman

Cycads-n-Palms.com

• 2 years later...

Just saw that there was a ratings page here for Chip. After hearing about Chip's nursery from a couple of friends over the past few years I finally stopped by for the first time last year. I was just starting to get into cycads at the time and going to Chip's for the first time was all I needed to start another full-fledged plant addiction. Chip's one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys I know in the nursery business. His selection of cycads is absolutely incredible, probably the best in South Florida, and his prices are equally as good, although even with his prices it's almost impossible for me to go and not spend more than I planned. Aside from cycads, Chip also has a nice selection of palms, orchids, succulents, and one of the better selections of bromeliads in Broward. If you haven't been to Chip's before I highly recommend making the time if you have any interest in any of the plant groups I mentioned, and even if you have been before Chip always has some new crop of cycads or other plants coming along that's worth checking out.

Hmmmm..

I'm not a cycad guy but maybe I'll give Chip a call?

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 4 years later...

All you guys who get to visit Chip's nursery in person, I am envious of you!

I ordered a bunch of very cool cycads at very reasonable prices (he's certified to ship to CA), but was not prepared for the sizes or the quality that arrived just a day later. What he calls "seedlings" are plants that would sell in 5G at the very least here. And even the ones I knew would be with several inch caudexes surprised me with the size. He has lots of oddball and difficult to find species, especially Encephalartos, Dioon, and Zamias. He also has a wide assortment of rare palms that he can actually ship with soil here (great for Copernicias that hate root disturbance, for instance).

If I had the money, I would rent a truck in FL, fill it up, and drive it back here. I mean, where else would you get a 95g Copernicia fallaensis that would not require you to auto-deposit your paycheck to the seller for a decade?

Highly recommended, very knowledgeable, and all his plants are properly sourced!

9 hours ago, branislav said:

All you guys who get to visit Chip's nursery in person, I am envious of you!

I ordered a bunch of very cool cycads at very reasonable prices (he's certified to ship to CA), but was not prepared for the sizes or the quality that arrived just a day later. What he calls "seedlings" are plants that would sell in 5G at the very least here. And even the ones I knew would be with several inch caudexes surprised me with the size. He has lots of oddball and difficult to find species, especially Encephalartos, Dioon, and Zamias. He also has a wide assortment of rare palms that he can actually ship with soil here (great for Copernicias that hate root disturbance, for instance).

If I had the money, I would rent a truck in FL, fill it up, and drive it back here. I mean, where else would you get a 95g Copernicia fallaensis that would not require you to auto-deposit your paycheck to the seller for a decade?

Highly recommended, very knowledgeable, and all his plants are properly sourced!

Chip is a stand up guy and I have done business with him as well.

As for the truck rental......great idea.

14 hours ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

Chip is a stand up guy and I have done business with him as well.

As for the truck rental......great idea.

I am sorely tempted... U-haul offers containers now that they can drop off at location in FL then move them to CA, for about 1K...

8 hours ago, branislav said:

I am sorely tempted... U-haul offers containers now that they can drop off at location in FL then move them to CA, for about 1K...

This is worth a serious conversation.

1 hour ago, Palm Tree Jim said:

This is worth a serious conversation.

Yes, if a few people get in on this, it's going to be worth it. I mean we could get palms in sizes that would need a decade or two here... Legally!

• 2 weeks later...

Chip Is a pretty cool guy and has some amazing plants at great prices. He’s extremely knowledgeable and likes to share what he knows. I really like that he keeps amazing records as to where his plants come from. If you are in south Florida I would really recommend giving him a visit. I drove from a little over 4 hours away and the trip was totally worth it. You won’t be disappointed. Mike

• 1 year later...

I recently purchased some cycads off Chip. A few seedlings and some 15 gallon plants. Let me say Chip has top quality plants. I was very pleased to receive my cycads that were shipped to me. Everything I purchased off of him was way bigger then what I expected! The two 15 gallon cycads I purchased both have two pups starting which is awesome! Chip has a variety of different cycads and other plants. As a side note, I believe he is the king of Dioons as he has a very impressive stock of Dioons. I would 100 percent recommend doing business with him and look forward to future business. 

• Like 1