IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Site not banned!

Geoff

Interestingly, I work for a corporation that has internet at work, but most of the interesting sites are blocked from our viewing (eg, Facebook, You Tube etc.). Until you (Dean) updated this site this last 24 hours, it was banned from my work and I could never get onto the forum page. Now it's not. Not sure what you did, but either in its new form it is under the radar, or our company finds it more palatable now. Thanks!!

Geoff, in many cases filters can be set up to block sites that run old software as those sites are usually exploited in some way. We did this all the time with my old company. I bet once the software was upgraded and Apache/MySQL/PHP were moved to recent versions, the filter opened for the site. Places like FB and YouTube are blacklisted, so that is different.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

I defer to the ex-webhost who doesn't return my calls anymore. :)

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I was on my bike when you called then when I got home I went to see what the issue was and read it had all been fixed. Sorry Dean. :)

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

I was on my bike when you called then when I got home I went to see what the issue was and read it had all been fixed. Sorry Dean. :)

No prob - just a little good natured snarkiness. You can always call and just say hi, and let me know whats going on in SoCal - and how life is treating you. :)

Dean, I hardly call my own mother :)

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

-- Alfred Austin

The caddy grabs a driver....

I don't want to get in the middle of this A-B conversation but not calling your mom is no big deal. You did not pay to be her son but you did pay to be a member of this group. :floor:

I was just the opposite for me... For the FIRST time I could NOT get on Palmtalk! Thru persistence and Dean getting my message and fixing something, I was able to return.. :)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

and len tees up the ball....

The caddy grabs a driver....

i can't do it...."your mom" jokes are beneath me....GET IT???? beneath me??? omg....

i didn't wanna dissapoint you dean. :)

How 'bout "your moderator" jokes? :)

I was just the opposite for me... For the FIRST time I could NOT get on Palmtalk! Thru persistence and Dean getting my message and fixing something, I was able to return.. :)

Bill - Dean had to deactivate the weed filter for your situation. :interesting:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B