Sign in to follow this  
MKIVRYAN

Arizona Subforum?

MKIVRYAN

I was wondering since Phoenix has such a drastic difference in climate from most of the other cities represented here if we could get a subforum of our own? I regularly find myself looking for information on a palm but can only find input from people growing in FL, CA and HI. While its nice to get some feedback from these people for the most part it does not apply to my situation. Can Phoenix get a subforum or maybe the southwest in general?

bgl

Ryan,

I'm afraid that's not going to happen. Pretty much every palm growing area in the world is unique with its own conditions and there's no way we could have a sub-forum for just ONE area. It would be very unfair and it would inevitably open the floodgates for everyone else to ask for equal treatment and a sub-forum of their own.

Bo-Göran

MKIVRYAN

I can understand that. Is there a disadvantage to having a seperate subforum for CA, FL, HI, AUS, the southwest and so on? Most boards have these small local subforums for locals to chat about area specific items. I really love the site just bummed I get input from others that are not in my area and dont know the conditions. Obviously you would not care too much for my input for growing palms in Hawaii when I live in AZ as the conditions are so different. Thanks

Edited by MKIVRYAN

BS Man about Palms

Ryan.. there are few Ariz. contributors.. BUT one way to keep up is to find the AZ guys thru normal perusing, then go to their profile, and see what threads they have posted in..that may pinpoint it for you.

Kim

Ryan, I did a quickie search. The following members may have conditions in common with you. Search for their names, read their posts, maybe get in contact with them? Many members share your challenges.

aztropic

iwan

Jeff in Modesto

Greenhand

chris78

ando.wsu

mjff

iamjv

Collector palms

buffy

Tony DFW

MKIVRYAN