IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PalmTalk members at the Thailand Biennial

bgl

Bo-Göran Lundkvist (bgl) from Hawaii. My 9th Biennial. First one was in Caracas in 1994.

Cindy Adair (apaandssa) from Virginia and eventually Puerto Rico.This will be my first Biennial and my first trip to Asia.

Kathryn and Craig Morgan (Kathryn & El Gato Grande) from Louisiana/Mississippi. My 4th Biennial - first was Dominican Republic in 2006.

Tim Brian and Bob Gibbens (realarch) from Hawaii. This will be our first Biennial.

Bruce Lowe (Lowey)from Australia. This will be my second Biennial, my first was Rio 2010

Paul and Patty Craft from Loxahatchee, Florida. My 9th Biennial. First was Miami in 1992. Missed the first Thailand Biennial.

Wal Donovan (Wal) from Australia. This is my first Biennial and my first trip overseas.

Colin Wilson (palmtreesforpleasure) from Australia. His first biennial.

Gileno and Barbara Machado from Recife, Brazil. Second biennial and first trip to SE Asia.

Alberto and Nelly Barkema from Paraná, Brazil. First biennial was Rio de Janeiro 2010.

Paul Denton & Jessie Odaffer from San Diego California. 1st biennial!

David & Geri Prall (SW_FL_Palms) from Florida - 5th Biennial (1st one 1996 S. California)

Lucinda McCartney - 2nd biennial. First one was Rio 2010. Traveling with me will be son Bob Blenker (Rio was his 1st) and Grisel McCain

Jeff and Andrea Searle,from South Florida. My 6th Biennial. My first Biennial was in Miami in 1992. Attended the first Biennial in Thailand.

Helena Brandfors (HBaum), from Hawaii. I'm a Biennial virgin. Can't wait!

Burt Repine, 3rd biennial, CR and Brazil, 1st trip to Asia

Kim Cyr from San Diego, California. This will be my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil, and my first trip to Asia.

Randy (palmisland) & Debbie Wiesner. This is our 1st biennial!

Jim & Judy Glock will be on our 6th Biennial

Jeffry and Christine Brusseau from Vista, California- This will be our 6th Biennial and first time to Nong Nooch

Roger and Sally Betts from Sarasota, Florida: Our 5th biennial, after Venezuela, Thailand, New Caledonia, France.....

Sue and Turk Rowlands, 11th Biennial. 1990 in Hawaii was first. Missed Miami in 92 because of Hurricane. Have attended all since then.

Brenda Funaro and Julie Cowan. Our second biennial.

Dan Ashley (KONADANTOM) from Kailua-Kona Hawai'i / my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil / my first trip to Asia / also doing the

Southern Thailand Pre-tour.

Peter Beatty (Peter Pacific) and Guillermo Ruiz from Guatemala, first biennial and first trip to Asia.

Annika Lundkvist (currently reside in Bavaria). 2nd Biennial- 1st was in France. I look forward to the people, food, palms & elephants.

Bill Sanford from So California, (BS Man) 2nd Biennial, 1st was Costa Rica. Going because I promised Anders in Costa Rica..(Palmgrover will be me bunkmate)

Al & Silvia Bredeson from Kona, Big Island, Hawaii. Second time to Nong Nooch (1998). Love these Biennials!

Mike Merritt from east Hawaii, Puna District. Also plan to join the south Thailand pre-tour if it goes.

Francisco (Trópico) and Yenny Lozada from Orlando, FL. Our first biennial and first time ever to Asia. We could not let the awesomeness of the Southern Thailand pre-tour pass us by.

David and Wipada Salmanowitz, from Bangkok, Thailand. 4th biennial, 1st one was in Thailand back in 1998.

Donald Sanders, Holualoa, Hawaii, (The Big Island)

Jerry and Cindy Andersen from Calif & Big Island HI, This is my 6th biennial and Cindy's 4th.

Alain and Douang Jamet from Sisaket (Thailand). We live in the northeast of Thailand. Glad to meet American's friends at the "Land of smile".

Rob van der Borg from Miami Beach, 1st Biennial, 1st time to Thailand, the country will never be the same!

Grant Stephenson and possibly Carletta DeLonjay Houston / Austin Texas, 3rd and first time in Thailand

Ray and Miriam Hernandez from Tampa, Florida. It's my 5th Biennial (1st was Hawaii 2004) and my wife's second.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

• 2 weeks later...

Bo-Göran Lundkvist (bgl) from Hawaii. My 9th Biennial. First one was in Caracas in 1994.

Cindy Adair (apaandssa) from Virginia and eventually Puerto Rico.This will be my first Biennial and my first trip to Asia.

Kathryn and Craig Morgan (Kathryn & El Gato Grande) from Louisiana/Mississippi. My 4th Biennial - first was Dominican Republic in 2006.

Tim Brian and Bob Gibbens (realarch) from Hawaii. This will be our first Biennial.

Bruce Lowe (Lowey)from Australia. This will be my second Biennial, my first was Rio 2010

Paul and Patty Craft from Loxahatchee, Florida. My 9th Biennial. First was Miami in 1992. Missed the first Thailand Biennial.

Wal Donovan (Wal) from Australia. This is my first Biennial and my first trip overseas.

Gileno and Barbara Machado from Recife, Brazil. Second biennial and first trip to SE Asia.

Alberto and Nelly Barkema from Paraná, Brazil. First biennial was Rio de Janeiro 2010.

David & Geri Prall (SW_FL_Palms) from Florida - 5th Biennial (1st one 1996 S. California)

Lucinda McCartney - 2nd biennial. First one was Rio 2010. Traveling with me will be son Bob Blenker (Rio was his 1st) and Grisel McCain

Jeff and Andrea Searle,from South Florida. My 6th Biennial. My first Biennial was in Miami in 1992. Attended the first Biennial in Thailand.

Kim Cyr from San Diego, California. This will be my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil, and my first trip to Asia.

Jeffry and Christine Brusseau from Vista, California- This will be our 6th Biennial and first time to Nong Nooch

Roger and Sally Betts from Sarasota, Florida: Our 5th biennial, after Venezuela, Thailand, New Caledonia, France.....

Sue and Turk Rowlands, 11th Biennial. 1990 in Hawaii was first. Missed Miami in 92 because of Hurricane. Have attended all since then.

Dan Ashley (KONADANTOM) from Kailua-Kona Hawai'i / my third Biennial after Costa Rica & Brazil / my first trip to Asia / also doing the

Peter Beatty (Peter Pacific) and Guillermo Ruiz from Guatemala, first biennial and first trip to Asia.

Annika Lundkvist (currently reside in Bavaria). 2nd Biennial- 1st was in France. I look forward to the people, food, palms & elephants.

Bill Sanford from So California, (BS Man) 2nd Biennial, 1st was Costa Rica. Going because I promised Anders in Costa Rica..(Palmgrover will be me bunkmate)

Al & Silvia Bredeson from Kona, Big Island, Hawaii. Second time to Nong Nooch (1998). Love these Biennials!

Mike Merritt from east Hawaii, Puna District. Also plan to join the south Thailand pre-tour if it goes.

Francisco (Trópico) and Yenny Lozada from Orlando, FL. Our first biennial and first time ever to Asia. We could not let the awesomeness of the Southern Thailand pre-tour pass us by.

David and Wipada Salmanowitz, from Bangkok, Thailand. 4th biennial, 1st one was in Thailand back in 1998.

Jerry and Cindy Andersen from Calif & Big Island HI, This is my 6th biennial and Cindy's 4th.

Alain and Douang Jamet from Sisaket (Thailand). We live in the northeast of Thailand. Glad to meet American's friends at the "Land of smile".

Rob van der Borg from Miami Beach, 1st Biennial, 1st time to Thailand, the country will never be the same!

Grant Stephenson and possibly Carletta DeLonjay Houston / Austin Texas, 3rd and first time in Thailand

Ray and Miriam Hernandez from Tampa, Florida. It's my 5th Biennial (1st was Hawaii 2004) and my wife's second.

Daryl O'Connor from Gold Coast, Queensland. 1st Biennial and 1st time to Thailand

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Wal and Bill, in the same place at the same time.

that IS going to be an exciting time

regards

colin

• Like 1

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

and remember Col, with Daryl coming it is now an official ratpack, maybe bring a shirt ?

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

WE ALL SHALL BE EPIC! (in our weeds, deeds and manors!)
:yay:

Oops.. "words"..... hard to remember there are other letters that fit between "w & ds"...
:rolleyes:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

We hope you can make it, Meritíssimo, this is going to be a very special event...

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

Daryl O'Connor from Gold Coast, Queensland. 1st Biennial and 1st time to Thailand

Perry and Benisia Glenn and Maria Seldon from Grover Beach, CA. 2nd Biennial (1st was Costa Rica)

Perry Glenn

SLO Palms

(805) 550-2708

http://www.slopalms.com

• 2 weeks later...

Rafael,

That's great! :) Does that mean you're adding your name to the list?

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Hmm...but you didn't add your name! :indifferent: The last name that was added was Perry and Benisia Glenn - see post #50. We're just trying to keep things simple here - do a Copy & Paste of the list and add your name at the bottom in a new post.

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Perry and Benisia Glenn and Maria Seldon from Grover Beach, CA. 2nd Biennial (1st was Costa Rica)

Rafael Azevedo from north Portugal. This is my first biennial! I cannot wait to meet everybody!

• 3 weeks later...

Aloha Rafael - these IPS Biennials are "good palms / good food / good people" - we look forward to seeing your smiling face in Thailand

Dan on the Big Island of Hawai'i / Dani en la Isla Grande de Hawai

Events Photographer roving paparazzi "konadanni"

Master Gardener, University of Hawai’i College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources

Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture

LinkedIn & email: konadanni@gmail.com / Facebook & Twitter & Google Plus: DanTom BigIsland

Thanks to cancelled my name on this list.

Alain and Douang Jamet (Thailand)

EDIT - Alain and Douang - sorry that you're not going to be able to attend. I have removed your names from the list and reposted it below. - bgl

Rafael Azevedo from north Portugal. This is my first biennial! I cannot wait to meet everybody!

• 3 weeks later...

Jack and Lindsey Sayers from Los Angeles. This is my 4th biennial, 3rd time in Asia, and 1st time in Thailand!

Jack Sayers

East Los Angeles

growing cold tolerant palms halfway between the equator and the arctic circle...

Jack and Lindsey Sayers from Los Angeles. This is my 4th biennial, 3rd time in Asia, and 1st time in Thailand!

George and Aurora Yao from the Philippines, our 5th Biennial

George Yao

Metro-Manila

Philippines

I am both placid and excited to see all the palmtalk attendees in Thailand..... Less than a week to meet there!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Bill,

I know what you mean! :) This is definitely going go be quite the event in so many ways - culturally, socially AND the palms - WOW! Nong Nooch is like nothing you could ever imagine! And then to top it off - there will be more PalmTalk members in one place than ever before! Looking forward to meeting everyone a week from now! :)

Bo-Göran