IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Arriving on the Big Island on Monday

Tassie_Troy1971

On Monday i will be landing on the Big Island and Colin ( Palmtrees for Pleasure) Wal and I will be visiting quite a few of the palmtalkers in the area !

The week will finish with the annual palm show - !

Stay tuned for some pics ! :drool:

Troy

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

I am assuming you mean the Really Big Island - otherwise I would extend an Aloha Invitation to you all. :)

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

I was gonna say Dean. I thought a giant PRA to Hawaii by the Aussies would have been more newsworthy! :winkie:

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Whoa ! us Tasmanians call Australia the big Island , i presume you both thought Hawaii :unsure: ! sorry BS man wish it was true !

Anyway i will be arriving in Sydney tomorrow and staying on Colins boat (Sonny Crocket style ) after visiting Sydney Botanical gardens , and hopefully Bruce , and Ian Edwards amazing 50 yr old palm garden ,

Then we are flying to Queensland to visit, Wal , Daryl , Mike newcal , Peachy and hopefully Napalm and Chakoro ( craig ) .

Unfortunately Pete (Pedro65 ) will be away in Cairns so have to miss that garden !

Peachy can you PM me your address please !

Troy

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

Troy,

Sounds like quite the PRA! Have fun and take lots of pictures! :)

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

i thought you mean hawaii,too. i guess that was a bit egocentric :mrlooney:

have fun & looking forward to the pix!

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Hmm. I guess Eurasia is the biggest Island of all?

Have a great time and regale us with tales of the Land of Oz, as summer draws to a close . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hmm. I guess Eurasia is the biggest Island of all?

Have a great time and regale us with tales of the Land of Oz, as summer draws to a close . . .

Dear Dave, I know you're egging us on, there's only ONE big island on the planet, the greatest, the largest, the Donovan filled Australia. Hawaii is like Darwin, it's isolated, has enormous palms and was bombed.

Having said that, let me say this, Troy is such a gentleman, a real palm explorer and palm adventurer whom should be taken seriously, and that's where I let him down, I don't take anybody seriously. Luckily for Troy and Col, others will look after them like Daryl and Michael, two of the most hospitable and knowledgeable palm people on the planet, Troy, be amazed.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Troy and i have had a good day at palmsforbrisbane.

what did troy buy? then bareroot, then wrap in brown cardboard and then excitingly go looking for a post office to send them home! not allowed to tell, you will to wait for the confessions of tassie troy, stay tuned.

regards colin

ps maybe he might tell you what got from Teressa at Utopia as well, those he has to wait for

coastal north facing location

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

Wal and his wonderful wife allowed to stay with them last, wal and donna are always great hosts, thank you very much for the frienship and hospitality. Troy looking quite cosy in your granddaughters new bed, snuggled in between

the nice pink sheets dreaming of palms, the teddy bear you lent him just did not understand. (he is going to kill me when he resds this

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

stayed last night at wals

doing this on a phone. do not know how to edit the above post.bumped the send button before finishing

regards

colin

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

luv the running updates Colin

everyone have fun!!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

hi bill troy cannot believe wal and you are not brothers somebodies ancestor must have jumped the fence :-)

regards

colin

ps off to Dayls and mikes (newcal) today

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia

hi bill troy cannot believe wal and you are not brothers somebodies ancestor must have jumped the fence :-)

regards

colin

ps off to Dayls and mikes (newcal) today

100klm south of Sydney

NSW

Australia