IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pic off the balcony yesterday evening

Fouquieria

Very, very nice.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Wow, Ron.... I'd say you did a pretty good job to me.

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

Very nice Ron....I love your Ficus auriculata, Roxburg fig.....they are one of my favorite ficus.... I had a nice one years ago...before I had my little forest fire go through my jungle...I through it would come back from the roots, but it never did... I am still trying  to fine a replacement...

Great garden....

Phoenix Area, Arizona USA

Low Desert...... Zone 9b

Jan ave 66 high and 40 low

July ave 105 high and 80 low

About 4 to 8 frost a year...ave yearly min temp about 27F

About 8 inches of rain a year.

Low Desert

Phoenix.gif

Cool Mtn climate at 7,000'

Parks.gif

Ooooh!

Forget my swooning sofa . . .

I cracked the floor under it!

Very nice pic.  Probalbly hit the center of the earth if I visit and see that scene in the flesh . . .

dave

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

that is the best photo I have seen on this board for a very long time. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Beautiful Ron.  Your auriculata looks right at home amongst the succulents-who'd of thunk?

San Fernando Valley, California

It is quite beautiful, Ron.

It is also very reminiscent of scenes in nature.  Not, of course, with the same plants--you have at least two continents represented--but, as a work of art, it's most beautiful.

Might as well throw in the other image I took that same evening.  The sun was low over the horizon and maybe only a few minutes from actual sunset.

I think I'm going to start taking more pics of the actual sunsets themselves.  Some of them are absolutely incredible.  I never tire of evening sunsets...and you know, I've never seen the green flash.

Bob, some of the plants on that hillside are aloes, euphorbias, cactuses, nolinas, dracaenas, a big old Tecomaria, an olive tree, yuccas, agaves, furcraeas, cistus and at the bottom of the hill, I finally planted my first palm (a tiny Bismarckia).  I posted that pic on the old forum.

-Ron-

Yard.jpg

-Ron-

Please click my Inspired button. http://yardshare.com/myyard.php?yard_id=384

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan