Sign in to follow this  
DoomsDave

Dypsis lastelliana

DoomsDave

Large specimen, in 20-25 gallon tub, from a greenhouse, I believe, at my place since early November (oh sweet days of innocence!) under the Tree of Lust and Desire, a 50 foot (17m?) tall Cedrus deodara.

It's about 8-9 feet (2.66 - 3 m) tall, with about 6-8" at the base.

No damage, so far, after four days running of all-night 28-29 FF (-1 C) in exposed areas.

dave

epicure3

(Dave from So-Cal @ Jan. 18 2007,01:03)

Large specimen, in 20-25 gallon tub, from a greenhouse, I believe, at my place since early November (oh sweet days of innocence!) under the Tree of Lust and Desire, a 50 foot (17m?) tall Cedrus deodara.

No damage, so far, after four days running of all-night 28-29 FF (-1 C) in exposed areas.

dave

That palm might be hardier than I had originally thought. Or, maybe you just have the green thumb Dave.  :;):

DoomsDave

(epicure3 @ Jan. 18 2007,12:16)

(Dave from So-Cal @ Jan. 18 2007,01:03)

dave

That palm might be hardier than I had originally thought. Or, maybe you just have the green thumb Dave.  :;):

I've got a lot of canopy.

It may still show damage, though so far, none.

(Pray to the Gods of Heat . . . .)

dave

Paradisefound

"I'm curious how it's doing now, several years after the frost. I have a group of three In a band stage sitting in a pot next to a stucco house."