Patrick

Redirected from Google search??

PALM MOD

Thanks - at this point I know where it is and how to eradicate it. However, I have been waiting for 4 days for the web host to take the necessary steps to the server before I can begin. And they are not being co-operative - despite repeated requests.

Are you locked in with them for a certain amount of time? I switched to KnownHost back in January and the customer support has been amazing.

I have been In the process of trying to get Board approval for a switch/upgrade - I already have host and server picked out. If it was up to me it would already be done.

The other problem is that I would prefer to do the migration after the removal of all infected files, and I need the cooperation of the present host to do so.

PALM MOD

Sorry

but this is the one to which I am sometimes redirected:

http://url4short.info/e875cd64

What to do?

regards

Philippe

We are anticipating a way to fix this soon. In the meantime, just don't use Google to get to PalmTalk. Make it a bookmark/favorite, or better yet your Homepage. :)

Kathryn

I have been In the process of trying to get Board approval for a switch/upgrade - I already have host and server picked out. If it was up to me it would already be done.

Why do you need board approval to upgrade?

PALM MOD

Why do you need board approval to upgrade?

Migrating to a larger server is not free, and it's "their" money.

Note: I now have the approval. However, there are major problems with getting the data transferred. The present host is apparently only allowing a transfer rate that will take weeks (if not months) to complete. And we are also unable to run backups due to the same constraint. But I am doing everything I can.

DoomsDave

We ate all our cookies.

Alicehunter2000

url2short.info hijack...............and I thought it was just me. Now I know when doing Google search for palmy related issues and I click on Palmtalk thread from Google that it is a problem from that end. I never have the problem from favorites. But as of Dec. 10th...it is still an issue.

PALM MOD

url2short.info hijack...............and I thought it was just me. Now I know when doing Google search for palmy related issues and I click on Palmtalk thread from Google that it is a problem from that end. I never have the problem from favorites. But as of Dec. 10th...it is still an issue.

Yep - I know. "(

I can re-install and overwrite the files where it is - but some remote shell script in some other forum file can call for the re-insertion the following day. And it followed us over to the new server - re-inserting a day after we went live. But now that I am on this server, I have much better tools to track it down.

I'm waiting for a response from the forum software developers now.

sarasota alex

I only get redirected the first time I click on a link. All subsequent clicks are fine. I'm just used to now clicking a link then Back then the link again.