Rafael

My new garden - Ovar - January/2012

doranakandawatta
On 29 février 2016 11:22:26, Rafael said:

A couple of recent new acquisitions, planted in late december ^_^

image.jpeg.17949bc26bedfe5f76746b2fc0a00

This looks like a european Bismarckia ! BRAVO!

doranakandawatta
16 hours ago, Rafael said:

Early spring update 

image.thumb.jpeg.9a08ceb7df372d79a9b050eimage.thumb.jpeg.a3952201c2b0d32f72ba8beimage.thumb.jpeg.1c31c859203b39576e3d0f1image.thumb.jpeg.c47b20e03af5ce14ece43d1

I wonder why I am traveling so far, tropics are already in your garden. do you also have elephants? (lol)

Actually I know why I am traveling to Sri Lanka, I am in love with this country, and  with elephants.:)

Brian Bruning

You could add some small understory type palms to that garden.  Examples of the top of my head are Howea, various Dypsis, Chamadoreas, Linospadix minor, Caryota mitis (itf is not too common there) and cycads.  There are many understory plants that will grow for you.  Once there is shade Cineraria stellata and others from Macronesia, Calathea, Marantas, tropical ferns, fuschias, philodendrons of which there are hundreds of species and so on.  In the meantime try various high elevation perrenials.  There are New Guinea Impatiens, Dahlia imperalis (many forms), almost anything from the Andes and the Himalayan front.   

• Upvote 1

Rafael
On 01/03/2017, 01:47:03, Brian Bruning said:

You could add some small understory type palms to that garden.  Examples of the top of my head are Howea, various Dypsis, Chamadoreas, Linospadix minor, Caryota mitis (itf is not too common there) and cycads.  There are many understory plants that will grow for you.  Once there is shade Cineraria stellata and others from Macronesia, Calathea, Marantas, tropical ferns, fuschias, philodendrons of which there are hundreds of species and so on.  In the meantime try various high elevation perrenials.  There are New Guinea Impatiens, Dahlia imperalis (many forms), almost anything from the Andes and the Himalayan front.   

Thank you Bryan! 

I am already growing lots of understory palms, but maybe will add some more!

Concerning the high elevation perenials, that's quite interesting and I will take a look around and in the web. 

Meanwhile in am about to update this yard,s pics, it has changed considerably ^_^

• Upvote 1

Mohsen
4 hours ago, Rafael said:

Thank you Bryan! 

I am already growing lots of understory palms, but maybe will add some more!

Concerning the high elevation perenials, that's quite interesting and I will take a look around and in the web. 

Meanwhile in am about to update this yard,s pics, it has changed considerably ^_^

Please let us see the updates soon Rafael :)

very interested to see the growth and changes ...

• Upvote 1

Brian Bruning

If you can locate some of your local natives to send to me I'll reimburse you for gas, time and shipping.  Your plants should do quite well here under summer irrigation. 

Rafael

Video update in quarentine time :rant: 

• Like 5

dalmatiansoap

Great garden!

lzorrito

Update, please?