IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Fun day at the NPR palm ranch

Mark Heath

I had the pleasure of having rpebinger (Rich) come and visit the No Pants ranch. Located close to his home in Polk county.

Although he is originally from the great white north, I am trying hard to turn him into a Florida boy!! Here he is next to my toy, note the Florida Gater orange shoe laces that he is sporting, quite fitting for the occasion!!!

I think he fits right in.

post-518-093127600 1323016619_thumb.jpg

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Palms, Sex, Money and horsepower,,,, you may have more than you can handle,,

but too much is never enough!!

Here he is teeing up and giving me golf lessons. Don't let his small physique fool you, he can drive the ball out of sight!

heheheh.

post-518-041931800 1323016792_thumb.jpg

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Here we are checking out the growth on some of my Mule palms. Keep in mind that Rich is 6'4" so that is a good scale for comparison.

post-518-036439800 1323016936_thumb.jpg

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Next month Don from Alabama will visit for a pra as well and Rich will be there too. Drinking beer, checking out palms in the middle of nowhere,,, tatooing golfballs at the neighbors trailor,what more could you ask for??

Now if we could only get Ken to visit!

post-518-075191900 1323017170_thumb.jpg

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Next month Don from Alabama will visit for a pra as well and Rich will be there too. Drinking beer, checking out palms in the middle of nowhere,,, tatooing golfballs at the neighbors trailor,what more could you ask for??

Who's Ken?

Give me Dons dates?

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

Those are great mules!

And nice pics of RP!

Dang, RP's as big as my baby brother . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Mark,

Good show why NO pants ranch --- is this rule just for women?

Best regards

Ed

Hello Ed,

You are wise beyond your years!!! Yes,, the "no pants rule" only applies to women!! I was waiting for that question!

Next time you're here i will tell you an earfull and explain.

Good to hear from you,

Mark

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Who's Ken?

Give me Dons dates?

Speak of the devil,, you are the Ken that was mentioned! Rich and i thought it would be great to have you there as well.

In the above question, "what more could you ask for" Rich and i figured you could answer that and would bring w/ you,,, I'll leave it at that!

BTW, mid January is when Don will arrive and i'll let you know the details when i get them.

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Those are great mules!

And nice pics of RP!

Dang, RP's as big as my baby brother . . .

He's a big boy for sure!! Should've played football,, college or profesional!! I'm 6'1" 200 lbs and he dwarfs me!!

Too bad i did'nt film his hitting the golfball,, he hit the neighbors trailer that was easily 270 yards away if not more.

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

:blink: I LOVE my picture being taken and posted.....ask Ryan (FM Palmrum). At least it gives a certain someone in Aussieland something to feed her Geritol fodder..... :huh: Oh well - I'm hungry - guess I'll go grab a piece of fruit that is known best to come from Georgia....

Mark's got a great set up and anyone interested in his mastery and tutelage he acquired from the man, the myth, the legend (M. Wilcox) is shared with exuberance.

Mark,

Thanks for the tour and imparting all the hybridization knowledge unto moi. I greatly appreciate it and the time spent sharing stories.

This data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall the providers be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from lost data or lost profits or revenue, the costs of recovering such data, the costs of substitute data, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use the data. Other terms may apply.

I got to hang out with Rich back in October. Someone let him into the kitchen and awesome food was the result. If Rich gets the munchies, give him free reign in your kitchen. :drool:

Rich is a man of many talents. :innocent:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

:blink: I LOVE my picture being taken and posted.....ask Ryan (FM Palmrum). At least it gives a certain someone in Aussieland something to feed her Geritol fodder..... :huh: Oh well - I'm hungry - guess I'll go grab a piece of fruit that is known best to come from Georgia....

Mark's got a great set up and anyone interested in his mastery and tutelage he acquired from the man, the myth, the legend (M. Wilcox) is shared with exuberance.

Mark,

Thanks for the tour and imparting all the hybridization knowledge unto moi. I greatly appreciate it and the time spent sharing stories.

I had no idea you had such a great PRA spot. Looks like epure bliss.

Mid January is freezing cold up there. You gonna be around or are you heading to Miami for some warm weather?

I DIG PALMS

Call me anytime to chat about transplanting palms.

305-345-8918

https://www.facebook...KenJohnsonPalms

you don't wanna come up and see some frost Ken... Its awesome to see!

Especially if its on someones elses stuff! :mrlooney:

Brandon, FL

27.95°N 82.28°W (Elev. 62 ft)

Zone9 w/ canopy

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Mark,

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. It's funny, Binger seems to always have a cold one in the hand. BURP!!!

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Mark,

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. It's funny, Binger seems to always have a cold one in the hand. BURP!!!

Hey Jeff, good to hear from you! Have'nt seen you in awhile and believe me it was not my choice.

Rich knows the rules while visiting the NPR. You throw out all morals and beliefs that you should wait untill 12:00 for your first brew!!!

The ranch is a boys clubhouse, allways has been layed out that way and everyone has a blast! Work hard and play hard.

So,,,, it would be difficult to capture someone who visits here that does'nt have a brew in their hands. If you do, then he is the DD!!!LOL!

Also, the beautifull palms that i bought from you in the past are doing great and all of them are flowering,, thanks again Jeff.

Mark

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

I got to hang out with Rich back in October. Someone let him into the kitchen and awesome food was the result. If Rich gets the munchies, give him free reign in your kitchen. :drool:

Rich is a man of many talents. :innocent:

I could'nt agree more. I had him cook the steaks when he was here and he made the cheap cut of meat that i bought taste like T bones.

I have had the pleasure of dining w/ him and his family and i am a good cook, BUT,,if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

• 1 month later...

Well here we go, i had the pleasure of having IPS/forum member Don visit the NPR. Here is a pic of him loading his door prize,, a Mule! He was in Daytona taking marine mechanic classes and then he shot down to Frostproof to hang out.

We had a blast!!

post-518-037596000 1326817779_thumb.jpg

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Here is a B,Yatay.

post-518-054080600 1326821176_thumb.jpg

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Here we are (Don in pic) shooting at targets. That was a blast w/ his AR-15!!

post-518-001272200 1326821317_thumb.jpg

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

We had hoped that Rich and Ken Johnson could make it but they could'nt. Had a great time and thankfully one of Dons' classes were canceled so we had two days of hitting golf balls into oblivion, shooting guns,drinking cold frosty beverages, grillin and chillin, and checking out all the sites that the NPR offers.

Don will share some of his pics when he gets home to the great state of Alabama.

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!

Had a great time at the NPR for a PRA, Marks place is fantastic and he's a wealth of knowledge. We cooked some great food and had frosty beverages to boot. here's a few pics to get it all going.

post-3229-015909300 1326937474_thumb.jpg

post-3229-097305300 1326937477_thumb.jpg

post-3229-006555800 1326937482_thumb.jpg

post-3229-081049300 1326937485_thumb.jpg

post-3229-015862000 1326937491_thumb.jpg

Here's some more fun stuff.

The first morning was rather frosty, yes that's frost on both of our trucks. Mule palms had no issues with the weather and we drank a frosty beverage and laughed about it.

post-3229-046387800 1326937711_thumb.jpg

post-3229-002610300 1326937714_thumb.jpg

post-3229-055407800 1326937716_thumb.jpg

post-3229-081804800 1326937718_thumb.jpg

post-3229-090247300 1326937720_thumb.jpg

Don,

Nice shots that capture some of the essence that is the NPR. I sure wish I could have joined you and Mark out there on Monday. I knew the timing of your visit was a risk with me having family in town. It looks like you had a blast and enjoyed many of the good times and company of Mark that I have had the benefit of being able to partake in.

Mark is a great host and his expertise and tutelage have been invaluable for me. His generosity is yet another attribute that makes him not only a personal friend, but an valuable member of the community that is Palm Talk and the IPS.

Looks like you claimed quite the door drive in the thread above. I have no doubt that it's well grown and will grow to be a star in your landscape.

Here's to looking forward to the next visit.

Cheers!

Rich

This data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall the providers be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from lost data or lost profits or revenue, the costs of recovering such data, the costs of substitute data, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use the data. Other terms may apply.

Thanks Rich for the kind words! Yes Don did collect a good door prize but he has been a good friend for many years and it was the least i could do.

Don was very generous himself and brought me a truckload of 3 gallon pots and an impressive cycad. I don't remember the name but it sure is pretty! Encephalartos(spelling)?

You need to visit next time i'm there, we need to go wabbit hunting!! The furry little buggers are eating all the fronds off of my Mules because the grass is now fried due to frost.

Don posted pics in the "Berlin wall" thread by Dave of the action that we were taking against the opponent.

Mark/Don =2

wabbit=0

Orlando, Florida

zone 9b

The Pollen Poacher!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

GO GATORS!!!