IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

The Gopher Chronicles

MattyB

I caught this gopher this morning at my parent's place.

post-126-025698700 1326219266_thumb.jpg

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

did you give him a nice bath or maybe a massage with some tasty roots to eat? :bemused:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

I caught this gopher this morning at my parent's place.

Aww, looks so soft and fuzzy, like my Kitten of Doom. Did it purr while you stroked it (with a big ball bat)? :rage:

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I l let him go in out my behind my property.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

After you hit him with the ball bat? Or, at least after he was humanely neutered?

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

looks like Dave on the mic at karaoke belting out Lou Rawls

you're gonna miss my looove...

I get by with a little help from my fronds

looks like Dave on the mic at karaoke belting out Lou Rawls

you're gonna miss my looove...

Hmm.

Your teeth are more prominent than the gopher's!

is that a typo or what? wheres the "report" button again??? :huh:

still "warning-free."

:)

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

dont use that "happy/innocent" face on me! :angry:

still "warning-free."

Into the Happy Laughing Shredder he goes!

Gopher, that is.

Or, she, . . .

I ball it the "shredder" too

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

What a hunter you've got there Braden! :greenthumb: There's no way my dogs could ever catch a rabbit, they are too fast.

The rabbit population in my canyon has taken a major hit this year due to the coyotes. When we first moved in 4 years ago we had coyotes running through our property and in the adjacent canyons, yelping and yipping it up all night, every night. After a few months of us walking our 4 dogs around the open space canyons near us I think the coyotes decided to yeild their territory to us and seeing and hearing them became less and less fequent; maybe only once every few weeks. Well, after three years of that, the rabbit population exploded! Everytime I turned on the light to the yard at night I'd see at least 20 rabbits. They were everywhere! I guess the coyotes decided that our canyon was way too delicious to stay away for any longer and in the past 6 months or so they have moved back in and we see and hear them every night once again. Now when I turn on the light at night I haven't seen a rabbit in months. I bet they've knocked the population back by at least 75%. :greenthumb:

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Another gopher caught at my parents house.

post-126-039783300 1326387833_thumb.jpg

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

your place

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

great,you save him from a trap to let him freeze to death! :rolleyes:

still "warning-free."

I told you I was hardcore.

"You eat arenga seeds now!" :angry:

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

your "country gopher" wouldnt last 2 minutes among the "city gophers" of lowlando! :winkie:

still "warning-free."

I hear they're using gophers as sex aids over at Jolars.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

How about Rabbit Chronicles? For some reason I can never spot a Rabbit....wonder why???

Oh, it's okay.

Wabbits wepwoduce wapidwy!

Elmer_Fudd.png

If you are going to kill small animals then you should eat them, I'll give you guys a pass on the skunk tho'

burt repine

If you are going to kill small animals then you should eat them, I'll give you guys a pass on the skunk tho'

mmmm.. gopher gumbo at the next pssc meeting!!! :drool::bemused::sick:

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

gopher gumbo with a side of plague....mmmmmmmmm

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Gopher Everett?

No thanks Delmer. A third of a gopher would mearly arouse my appetite without beddin' her back down.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Hilarious, that movie was so intriguing on so many levels. Praise to the Coen brothers. Gopher on a stick. :lol:

burt repine

• 2 weeks later...

Wanna know why they call them "Pocket Gophers"?

post-126-072159600 1327427020_thumb.jpg

post-126-051350900 1327427024_thumb.jpg

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Wanna know why they call them "Pocket Gophers"?

so thats how they smuggle it into the states...

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25