SW_FL_Palms

Worst Flooding in Thailand

Cindy Adair

I felt drawn to look at every photo. The people look so calm and accepting of the desperate situation. I hope the waters will recede soon and they can begin to recover.

rthink

It is really the worst flooding in many years. Bangkok is now on the verge of being under water in any minute. We are still fighting so the water will not come into the city. sad.gif

ariscott

This year must be the year for flooding.... first Australia, now Thailand. I hope the rain will stop and the water recedes soon :(

Regards, Ari

peachy

I heard about it on the news but I just cant watch any of it. I'm still slightly traumatized after watching my own house go under water in january. The poor of Bangkok live in such rickety looking houses I fear the death toll will be high. All we can do is pray and hope that they will be alright.

Peachy

rozpalm

I know something like this has to be very traumatic for anyone to go through, but I can't help but notice how calm if not resilient these people seem. Picture #32 that shows several people apparently enjoying a television program while sitting in their flooded home just blows me away.

paulgila

i just saw a story on this in the local newspaper & it said the center of the city is dry & eerily quiet.

bgl

Bangkok's old airport, Don Muang, which is used for limited domestic flights have been closed for several days now. Here's a YouTube video showing what the airport looks like. Bad news, but good that they got the new airport up and running!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_D-hezg7k

realarch

There should be absolutely no problems from the flooding in Bangkok late last year. I spent 5 days in the city at the end of February 2012 and so no evidence of the flooding or any disruptions.