IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Thailand 2012 - Singapore Botanical Garden

SW_FL_Palms

We saw a presentation (by Dennis Cathcart of Tropiflora.com) on the Singapore Botanical Gardens.

Looks like a very unique garden where they spared no expenses.

Has the IPS given any thought about making that a post or pre trip option ?

No, we havn't and this is probably something that is best and most conveniently done on your own. Plenty of flights from Bangkok to Singapore and very easy to get around once you get there and the Singapore Botanical Gardens is such an amazing and large garden, with easy access, that having a large group there would probably not work too well. People would quickly wander off on their own, exploring whatever they happened to be most interested in. Pre and post tour trips work best to areas that are difficult to access on your own. Singapore is the complete opposite of that.

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Hi Geri -- I'm fairly certain this idea has not been discussed, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be discussed. As you have probably seen, there is a pre-tour to the south of Thailand,and a post-tour to Vietnam with Andrew Henderson. With the interim board meeting coming up in October in the Canary Islands, this is a good time to hear these questions from members.

In the event that the IPS does not specifically add a post-tour to Singapore, it should be easy enough to make your own arrangements. I imagine many people have thoughts of tacking on personal sidetrips to the many attractions in this part of the world.

Edit: I didn't see Bo's post before I wrote this. There's your answer. :)

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Not too sure if you are getting confused between Singapore Botanical Gardens and the new "Gardens by the Bay" in Singapore which will be completed for the World Orchid Conference in November, It has been built and a cost of over 1 Billion USD and is quite unique.

http://www.gardensbythebay.org.sg/

Now Singapore with have two of the very best botanical Gardens

Bruce

Now living the life in Childers, Queensland.

Let me add that I think Singapore is perfect in combination with Thailand. But I believe it's best done on your own. It's smack in the middle of one of the major metropolitan areas in the region, with just about unlimited access to shopping and restaurants of a wide variety. Personal choices will make for a stay in Singapore an outstanding experience. Nong Nooch is a bit different, in a more remote location. Even though Pattaya is within fairly easy reach, it's nothing like Singapore. Plus, we have Anders and Kampon organizing everything at NNTBG, where we will stay INSIDE the garden, pretty much guaranteeing an absolutely unique experience. Nothing like it anywhere else.

EDIT - Bruce, thank you for that link!

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

I had the privilege to talk to Harry E. Luther during the Australasia brom conference in Darwin. The Garden by the Bay is going to be another amazing creation with quite different & amazing design... Anton, the assistant director of horticulture of the garden, apparently, has been sourcing plants left right and centre... I am looking forward to my next trip to Singapore, which probably going to be the next time I visit my family.

So, if anyone is thinking about making a stop in Singapore before or after, it is definitely not one to be missed. Not sure how much palms are involved... but hey, garden is not just about palms....

Regards, Ari :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Not too sure if you are getting confused between Singapore Botanical Gardens and the new "Gardens by the Bay" in Singapore which will be completed for the World Orchid Conference in November, It has been built and a cost of over 1 Billion USD and is quite unique.

http://www.gardensbythebay.org.sg/

Now Singapore with have two of the very best botanical Gardens

Bruce

You are correct - I should have said "Gardens by the Bay".

Anyone interested in going ?

I had the privilege to talk to Harry E. Luther during the Australasia brom conference in Darwin. The Garden by the Bay is going to be another amazing creation with quite different & amazing design... Anton, the assistant director of horticulture of the garden, apparently, has been sourcing plants left right and centre... I am looking forward to my next trip to Singapore, which probably going to be the next time I visit my family.

So, if anyone is thinking about making a stop in Singapore before or after, it is definitely not one to be missed. Not sure how much palms are involved... but hey, garden is not just about palms....

Ari,

Yes, this garden has gone head over heals when it comes to attaining a wide variety of plants from all over the world. I've had the pleasure to deal with Kiat and his wife Peck directly (responsible for overseeing the gardens built)and supply them with a large list of palms from my collection. Also, almost the entire collection of crotons came from me as well, over the last couple of years. I am trying hard to find the time,(and money) to arrainge for a trip over there. This garden is in the the middle of building I think, 5-7 large(90')steel trees that will be "planted out" and look real. One of these will have a restaurant up in the canopy even.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Hi to any Aussies wanting to go to the Thailand Bienniel. We just booked flights ( sadly not for the Bienniel) from Coolangatta to KL for winter next year for UNDER $ 300 return per person with Air Asia. Domestic flights from KL to Bangkok are VERY VERY cheap.To give you an idea our domestic flights from KL to Phuket are $ 30 each one way... At this price this is VERY affordable for Aussies.Hope this helps a few people out. Cheers Pete

:D

Hi to any Aussies wanting to go to the Thailand Bienniel. We just booked flights ( sadly not for the Bienniel) from Coolangatta to KL for winter next year for UNDER $ 300 return per person with Air Asia. Domestic flights from KL to Bangkok are VERY VERY cheap.To give you an idea our domestic flights from KL to Phuket are $ 30 each one way... At this price this is VERY affordable for Aussies.Hope this helps a few people out. Cheers Pete

Hmmmm, this Bienniel is just after we celebrate Fathers Day in Oz. Start saving kids :D

In order not to get sidetracked with Biennial related information in two different threads, I am closing this one. Let's keep Biennial discussions in the Biennial thread! :)

EDIT - it's been pointed out that keeping this thread open for further discussion regarding Singapore is a good idea, so I'm unlocking it. In order to avoid confusion between this thread and the main Biennial thread I have pinned the Biennial thread so that it will now remain in the Number One spot here.

Ari,

Yes, this garden has gone head over heals when it comes to attaining a wide variety of plants from all over the world. I've had the pleasure to deal with Kiat and his wife Peck directly (responsible for overseeing the gardens built)and supply them with a large list of palms from my collection. Also, almost the entire collection of crotons came from me as well, over the last couple of years. I am trying hard to find the time,(and money) to arrainge for a trip over there. This garden is in the the middle of building I think, 5-7 large(90')steel trees that will be "planted out" and look real. One of these will have a restaurant up in the canopy even.

Jeff

I've seen details of this fascinating project called Gardens by the Bay, in facebook and youtube, including a few recent pictures of the first palms and cycads being planted in the ground under those domes, in another forum. One of my friends in Australia is actually providing incredible mature South African cycads and other beautiful aussie native and exotic species for both plantings inside and in the open garden by the sea...and now I can well imagine all these other fantastic palms and crotons from Jeff's all around...hmmmmmmm...maybe I'll need to try to convince the Mrs not to stay for too long in Hong Kong and Hawaii on our way back and make a short stopover in Singapore to check those amazing new sites too...

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

. Plus, we have Anders and Kampon organizing everything at NNTBG, where we will stay INSIDE the garden, pretty much guaranteeing an absolutely unique experience. Nothing like it anywhere else.

It sounds very nice. While in Rio 2010, Anders talked a lot about some of the plants in these gardens...

Are some/most ot these garden areas illuminated in the evening and are we going to be able to walk around the gardens at any time?

Sirinhaém beach, 80 Km south of Recife - Brazil

Tropical oceanic climate, latitude 8° S

Temperature extremes: 25 to 31°C

2000 mm average rainfall, dry summers

. Plus, we have Anders and Kampon organizing everything at NNTBG, where we will stay INSIDE the garden, pretty much guaranteeing an absolutely unique experience. Nothing like it anywhere else.

It sounds very nice. While in Rio 2010, Anders talked a lot about some of the plants in these gardens...

Are some/most ot these garden areas illuminated in the evening and are we going to be able to walk around the gardens at any time?

I don't know, will the elephants have headlights ?

Hey Gileno, I'll be able to interview you in person... :)

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

In order not to get sidetracked with Biennial related information in two different threads, I am closing this one. Let's keep Biennial discussions in the Biennial thread! :)

EDIT - it's been pointed out that keeping this thread open for further discussion regarding Singapore is a good idea, so I'm unlocking it. In order to avoid confusion between this thread and the main Biennial thread I have pinned the Biennial thread so that it will now remain in the Number One spot here.

BJL,

Thank you for reopening the thread.

Maybe there are some other interesting in going to Singapore.

Maybe there a members who live there or who have travel there that can make recommendations - where to stay, etc.

I do realize that writers often get sidetracked. Sometimes there are discussions going on in the middle of a thread, that are more like personal conversations. I wish those people would use the PM Private Message feature, so that we keep on topic.

Keeping on topic - yes, good idea. :) That's why I ended up closing this topic. I'd like for Biennial discussion to be in the Biennial thread and not spread out in other threads.

Accomodation in Singapore - you know, Singapore is a large city, with LOTS of hotels. Lots to choose from. All depends on what you want to spend and if you have any particular preference as to location. My favorite is Shangri-La, which is an outstanding (but expensive) hotel. It's close to the central area (easy walking distance) and it's also close to the Singapore Botanical Gardens. Maybe a mile away or so.

I don't believe we have any Forum members in Singapore, but certainly lots of Forum members who have been there and can add their ideas and suggestions. :)

BJL,

Thank you for reopening the thread.

Maybe there are some other interesting in going to Singapore.

Maybe there a members who live there or who have travel there that can make recommendations - where to stay, etc.

I do realize that writers often get sidetracked. Sometimes there are discussions going on in the middle of a thread, that are more like personal conversations. I wish those people would use the PM Private Message feature, so that we keep on topic.

Just to let you know, Singapore is expensive while there. Plan on it.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Singapore is only expensive for accomodation and beer. Food is cheap and shopping is not that bad... it is more expensive than Thailand or Bali, but not that bad. You don't need a car, taxi and MRT is sufficient.

If you like shopping, stay somewhere near Orchad Rd. The further you are from Orchad road, the less expensive it is usually, unless of course, you are staying at the Marina. The accommodation in Singapore are usually very good. I haven't found one that is totally disgusting yet... stick with 3 stars and above. All and all, it is a very clean and orderly city... a bit too sterile for my taste, but you should find yourself getting everywhere without any problem.

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

great,those are the only 2 things i can't do without! :mrlooney:

the "prince of snarkness."

still "warning-free."

san diego,california,left coast.

Singapore is only expensive for accomodation and beer. Food is cheap and shopping is not that bad... it is more expensive than Thailand or Bali, but not that bad. You don't need a car, taxi and MRT is sufficient.

If you like shopping, stay somewhere near Orchad Rd. The further you are from Orchad road, the less expensive it is usually, unless of course, you are staying at the Marina. The accommodation in Singapore are usually very good. I haven't found one that is totally disgusting yet... stick with 3 stars and above. All and all, it is a very clean and orderly city... a bit too sterile for my taste, but you should find yourself getting everywhere without any problem.

Sorry, but we felt Singapore was far more expensive than Thailand. The hotels were very expensive compared to Thailand and shopping was unbelievable in Thailand, and again, very cheap. We even brought a 1/2 container full of stuff home. Other than going to Singapore as a side trip only to see the new gardens, I would never go back. There's far more to do in Thailand and the plant industry is about the best you can expect in the world. Hands down. Thailand is certainly on my radar next year!

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

The way I see it.... most people are already spending the money to go to the other side of the world (literally), so why not take the opportunity to explore as much as the surrounding places as possible. I never said Singapore was cheap. The food was, as I found... and I should actually explain the shopping... it is for camera & electronics & watches shopping.... are still reasonable. If you are spending a few thousand dollars to go to Thailand already, spending another $500 for a day or two in Singapore is definitely a cheaper option. Airfares from Singapore to Bangkok is cheap!!! And if you have to do some shopping, do it in Bangkok. Just my opinion. I will shut up now...

Edited by ariscott

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Ari,

I certainly don't want you to "shut up". Please feel free to add whatever comments you feel are pertinent. You know the area better than most. But there are a lot of variables, and just because someone is able to travel "to the other side of the world" doesn't necessarily mean they have the money OR the time to do other things (than the Biennial itself). That said, I agree - Singapore is great for a couple of days in combination with the Biennial. And you used the word "sterile" to describe it. How appropriate! For those who havn't been there, Singapore is almost a culture shock. It's the cleanest city I know. Anywhere! Arriving in Singapore from most cities in the Far East, and the differences couldn't be more extreme. But it IS an experience! :)

Bo-Göran

Ari,

No need to shut up, your input is very valuable and well respected here. :) We just found that overall, we got far more for our money in Thailand.

Jeff

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Thanks for this discussion on Singapore. I am one of those persons who if I am around, I might as well visit a few places while in the region. Once the bi-ennial is not too costly, I hope to be there in 2012 (i am saving already :rolleyes: ).

Ari, I would love more information on places to visit if you can. I am into outdoor activities like hiking and palm watching and would love to visit a few places while in the region.

Laura

The way I see it.... most people are already spending the money to go to the other side of the world (literally), so why not take the opportunity to explore as much as the surrounding places as possible. I never said Singapore was cheap. The food was, as I found... and I should actually explain the shopping... it is for camera & electronics & watches shopping.... are still reasonable. If you are spending a few thousand dollars to go to Thailand already, spending another $500 for a day or two in Singapore is definitely a cheaper option. Airfares from Singapore to Bangkok is cheap!!! And if you have to do some shopping, do it in Bangkok. Just my opinion. I will shut up now...

Hey Ari, I thought you might encourage the travellers to Northern Australia while they're in the neighbourhood, some place like Darwin for instance... :winkie:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Hey Ari, I thought you might encourage the travellers to Northern Australia while they're in the neighbourhood, some place like Darwin for instance... :winkie:

I have on occassion... but nobody seemed interested :(

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

I have on occassion... but nobody seemed interested :(

I'm interested... but broke. :(

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Since I amazingly still have power as Hurricane Irene is hitting, I might as well stay on Palmtalk... Anyway, I had ruled out going to the biennial because we still have a child at home who'll be in high school then. However, maybe if I'm REALLY REALLY nice my husband would let me go and he'd stay here with our son? I'd love for all of us to go but time missing school/$$$ probably make that option less feasible. I still have 1 daughter in college to pay for, saving for our son's college and am working to retire in 4 years and there are palms that I always want BUT since I never buy new clothes/shoes with the many thrift store here and don't like jewelry/perfume/cosmetics/expensive food perhaps I can squeeze out a few more $ a month and make this happen?! Any idea when the full amount would be due (except airfare/extras of course?) That way I can take the estimated cost, divide by the number of months until its due and maybe even try to work some extra days to earn more? Thanks!

Cindy Adair

Cindy,

This is a great question, but it's a specific Biennial question so I will answer you in the Biennial thread. I'd like to keep this thread for Singapore related discussion.

Bo-Göran

Happened to see this article from Westways Magazine, thought I'd share it with those interested in making their way to Singapore:

Big City on a Budget

Singapore

In the nearly 200 years since the British first set foot there, Singapore has undergone a remarkable transformation from fledgling trading settlement to one of the world’s busiest seaports. It won’t cost you much to discover the vestiges of old Singapore that still exist amid the trappings of this ultramodern city. —Leslie Mieko Yap

What to Do

Get a free overview in miniature of this 269-square-mile city-state at the three-story Singapore City Gallery. A detailed architectural model and interactive exhibits provide a fun way to learn about Singapore’s past, present, and future. (65) 6321-8321.

Five minutes from Orchard Road, the main shopping district, the 156-acre Singapore Botanic Gardens features a variety of tropical landscapes. Entrance is free, and there are guided tours on Saturdays. (65) 6471-7138.

Stroll along the Singapore River, where Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, the British officer who turned Singapore into a thriving trading center, first landed in 1819. Board a modified replica bumboat (a flat-bottomed boat for ferrying cargo) for a narrated tour. Cruises cost $12 for 30 minutes and $16 for 45 minutes (all costs are approximate in U.S. dollars). (65) 6336-6111.

Explore Singapore’s last remaining villages on Pulau Ubin (Granite Island), located off Singapore’s northeastern tip. From the Changi Point Ferry Terminal, take a 10-minute bumboat ride ($2 per person) to the island, then rent a bike near the pier (about $4 per person; haggling okay). Watch for wild pigs and monkeys.

Where to Stay

Singapore’s newest boutique lodging, Moon Hotel, is a chic retreat amid Little India’s traditional shophouses. Rates start at about $120 and include Wi-Fi, daily breakfast, and evening cocktails. (65) 6827-6666.

Hotel 1929 comprises five Chinatown shophouses from 1929. Archival hallway photos of old Singapore take you back in time. Rates for a Superior Single room begin at $118. (65) 6347-1929.

Where to Eat

Hawker centres—no-frills, open-air arcades with as many as 50 food stalls in some places—offer cheap, authentic, and varied local fare. Try the Maxwell Road Hawker Centre, the East Coast Lagoon Food Village, and the Adam Road Food Centre. A plate of fried prawn noodles, for instance, might cost you about $4, a hefty banana leaf–wrapped pork rice dumpling about $1.50.

Getting Around

The SIA Hop-on bus with recorded narration makes a 22-stop loop every 30 minutes from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Unlimited rides for one day cost about $9.50 for adults and about $4.80 for kids 2–11. Singapore Airlines passengers with an air ticket or boarding pass pay half price. (65) 9457-2896.

Getting the Scoop

The Singapore Tourism Board has information at (65) 6736-2000. Your AAA Travel Agent can provide travel information.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Happened to see this article from Westways Magazine, thought I'd share it with those interested in making their way to Singapore:

Big City on a Budget

Singapore

In the nearly 200 years since the British first set foot there, Singapore has undergone a remarkable transformation from fledgling trading settlement to one of the world’s busiest seaports. It won’t cost you much to discover the vestiges of old Singapore that still exist amid the trappings of this ultramodern city. —Leslie Mieko Yap

What to Do

Get a free overview in miniature of this 269-square-mile city-state at the three-story Singapore City Gallery. A detailed architectural model and interactive exhibits provide a fun way to learn about Singapore’s past, present, and future. (65) 6321-8321.

Five minutes from Orchard Road, the main shopping district, the 156-acre Singapore Botanic Gardens features a variety of tropical landscapes. Entrance is free, and there are guided tours on Saturdays. (65) 6471-7138.

Stroll along the Singapore River, where Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, the British officer who turned Singapore into a thriving trading center, first landed in 1819. Board a modified replica bumboat (a flat-bottomed boat for ferrying cargo) for a narrated tour. Cruises cost $12 for 30 minutes and $16 for 45 minutes (all costs are approximate in U.S. dollars). (65) 6336-6111.

Explore Singapore’s last remaining villages on Pulau Ubin (Granite Island), located off Singapore’s northeastern tip. From the Changi Point Ferry Terminal, take a 10-minute bumboat ride ($2 per person) to the island, then rent a bike near the pier (about $4 per person; haggling okay). Watch for wild pigs and monkeys.

Where to Stay

Singapore’s newest boutique lodging, Moon Hotel, is a chic retreat amid Little India’s traditional shophouses. Rates start at about $120 and include Wi-Fi, daily breakfast, and evening cocktails. (65) 6827-6666.

Hotel 1929 comprises five Chinatown shophouses from 1929. Archival hallway photos of old Singapore take you back in time. Rates for a Superior Single room begin at $118. (65) 6347-1929.

Where to Eat

Hawker centres—no-frills, open-air arcades with as many as 50 food stalls in some places—offer cheap, authentic, and varied local fare. Try the Maxwell Road Hawker Centre, the East Coast Lagoon Food Village, and the Adam Road Food Centre. A plate of fried prawn noodles, for instance, might cost you about $4, a hefty banana leaf–wrapped pork rice dumpling about $1.50.

Getting Around

The SIA Hop-on bus with recorded narration makes a 22-stop loop every 30 minutes from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Unlimited rides for one day cost about $9.50 for adults and about $4.80 for kids 2–11. Singapore Airlines passengers with an air ticket or boarding pass pay half price. (65) 9457-2896.

Getting the Scoop

The Singapore Tourism Board has information at (65) 6736-2000. Your AAA Travel Agent can provide travel information.

Kim,

Thanks for all the info. It does make Singapore sound pretty interesting.

You have been most helpfu.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few photos that Chris sent to us from the new garden last week:

DSC07898.jpg

DSC07872.jpg

DSC07868.jpg

DSC07322.jpg

Not too sure how much will be completed ny November for the Orchid Conference

Thanks for the photos. It is going to be a very interesting & unique garden. Worth seeing!

We plan on going either after the biennial or maybe before.

• 2 months later...

In answer to the original question on this thread, the IPS Board, did consider a couple of years ago, a post trip to Singapore. A meeting planner from Singapore contacted the Vice President about having a meeting there. I replied that we would not be interested in a Conference in their convention center but would be interested in more info for a possible post trip. The Lady did not reply. However, I agree with Bo-Gorun and others that it is an interesting place to visit. If any of you have seen the series about the Japanese taking of British dependents as prisoners in the TV series named Temco (I think that is the name) it has an interesting historical reference. Too bad the old Raffles hotel has been "redone"

I like this thread because we have visited Singapore a couple or three times and enjoyed the Botanic Garden. I did not know about the new garden until reading this thread.

To Ari and Scott, please tell me if the large planting of Corypha palms in the Darwin Botanic Garden have flowered and died? We visited Darwin many years ago and liked it very much

Sue

Suzanne Rowlands

Any updated pics of the garden? It was scheduled to open this month. :D

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

To Ari and Scott, please tell me if the large planting of Corypha palms in the Darwin Botanic Garden have flowered and died? We visited Darwin many years ago and liked it very much

Sue

Still there Sue.... none of them are flowering.... They are still pretty amazing :)

Ari & Scott

Darwin, NT, Australia

-12°32'53" 131°10'20"

Any updated pics of the garden? It was scheduled to open this month. :D

I'll post some updated photos tonight, talked to Stan last night who went over for the Orchid Conference and said the garden was amazing.......Just goes to show what a billion dollars can do.

Bruce

Here are a couple of photos of the garden. will upload more when I have time

DSC08660.jpg

DSC08690.jpg

DSC08705.jpg

Lovely place Bruce. Singapore is still the only place in asia I would ever care to visit for a second time. It was lovely and clean, very polite people and I always felt safe there. Most of the other popular destinations are a bit grubby for my tastes.

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.