IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Show us your Anthuriums!!

putu enjula

I can never find any with the big flowers. The small flowered species are quite common and I just paid a fortune for a midsize, but big....impossible. I also lost a few of the foliage species due to the unusually long winter this year. Angela that ace of spades is spectacular.

Peachy

Dean Has had that Ace of Spades for a long time... I finally got it to make some "kernels" so far nothing has sprouted yet.

Peachy, if you grow that midsized one up, it should give you big flowers.

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Enjula, ALL your Anthuriums are Stunningly Beautiful, By Far the Most Exciting Anthuriums i have ever seen that for sure. Pete

Thanks Pete!

********Angela**********

Kailua_Kona.gif

Kailua_Kona.gif

Check out Palmpedia

Or I can wait till you die, then marry Dean and get all of them !! :evil:

Peachy

I came. I saw. I purchased

27.35 south.

Warm subtropical, with occasional frosts.

One of my favorites that I bought in Virginia and (after inspection) took to Puerto Rico. It has such a cheerful bright orange and I wish I had more...

I'd also like at least one of all those posted in this thread!

post-4111-002310500 1323305400_thumb.jpg

Cindy Adair

• 6 years later...

One of my Anthuriums (A. scherzerianum) is apparently not happy with the cool conditions in my sunroom this winter. Looks like it's extending a middle finger on its misshapen spadix. I remain amused, not offended, by the plant's horticultural 'hutzpah.' Happy Holidays to everyone! :rolleyes:

Anthurium.jpg

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, Hillizard said:

One of my Anthuriums (A. scherzerianum) is apparently not happy with the cool conditions in my sunroom this winter. Looks like it's extending a middle finger on its misshapen spadix. I remain amused, not offended, by the plant's horticultural 'hutzpah.' Happy Holidays to everyone! :rolleyes:

Anthurium.jpg

Very cool!

• Upvote 1

Mmm...my love of Anthuriums is up there with my love of palms. I wasn't aware of this thread so I'm glad it was bumped so I can read the previous pages!

I don't have nearly as many Anthuriums as I have palms, but I do have: A. magnificum, A. veitchii, A. cordifolium, A. plowmanii, A. hookeri, and just ordered an A. faustomirandae yesterday (thanks to NSE Tropicals having a free shipping day).

• Upvote 1

Naples (inland), FL - technically 10a but more like 9b in the winter :hmm:

I don't know the name but it is varigated. Maybe hookeri?

20171126_163149.jpg

Edited by Palmaceae
  • Upvote 2

Lived in Cape Coral, Miami, Orlando and St. Petersburg Florida.

This one was sold to me some 10 years ago as a basket fwrn. The trunk with areal roots was totally buried in soil which I immediately liberated upon getting it home. It has grown like mad and flowers constantly.

AnthuriumSchlechtendalii.jpg.1cc8f9ddcc8

Richard

Edited by GDLWyverex
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/18/2011, 1:52:09, aussiearoids said:

Anthurium scherzerianum can be tricky to grow in lowland tropical areas . These pics taken up on the cooler tablelands .

A superb 'Rothschildiana' cultivar .

post-354-098800500 1313656878_thumb.jpg

post-354-026442000 1313656920_thumb.jpg

I think they would look amazing grown high up on the stilt roots of an exotic palm .I have heard that there is/was a pendant leaf sp. that is found on Socratea stilts .

I'm hopeful the small Anthurium scherzerianum 'Rothschildiana' I grow, which have just started to bloom, will eventually look as nice as those you posted here! ;)

Anthurium_scherzerianum_Rothschildiana.jpg

• Upvote 2

I believe that this is an  anthurium schlechtendalii, though feel free to correct me if you know better.

AnthLeaves.jpg.8c802e3b7d3de5f158a259b25

AnthTrunk.jpg.a6f0a511b4c4869b3eda976d2d

Enjoy

Richard

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

Several of my Anthurium scherzerianum 'Rothschildiana' made it through the winter in my sunroom, where temps sometimes dip into the 40+ deg. F range. This bloom is larger than last year's, so I hope that trend continues. 

Anthurium.png

• Like 1

Here is my Anthurium "hookeri", which is most definitely a hybrid. It has grown to be a little over 7 ft (2 m) tall and about the same width. 

IMG_0617.jpeg

• Like 2