IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Estate sale- rare palms available

JD in the OC

Estate sale- lots of rare palms available. All have been root-pruned and are ready to be removed. You can pick them up from our nursery in south Ft. Myers, or we can deliver/install any of them just about anywhere in South Florida. Wholesale prices listed, but no reasonable offer will be refused. Please contact us for a delivery and/or installation quote. We accept cash, checks, paypal, and all major credit cards. Email us at seabreezepalms@gmail.com if interested.

Coccothrinax miraguama 'Azul' 6ft $300

DSCN8266.jpg

Coccothrinax crinita 4ft $300

DSCN8265.jpg

Dypsis pembana 13-15ft $200

DSCN8258.jpg

DSCN8261.jpg

Dypsis leptocheilos x decaryi 10-12ft $350

DSCN8259.jpg

DSCN8260.jpg

Satakentia 8-10ft $200

DSCN8257.jpg

Coccothrinax miraguama 8-10ft $300

DSCN8256.jpg

Dypsis lanceolata 5-6ft $100

DSCN8255.jpg

Dypsis carlsmithii 6-8ft $150

DSCN8254.jpg

Pseudophoenix sargentii 7-9ft $400

DSCN8253.jpg

Kerriodoxa elegans 5ft $200

DSCN8252.jpg

Dypsis fibrosa 5ft $100

DSCN8250.jpg

Chambeyronia hookeri 'watermelon' 8-10ft $400

DSCN8249.jpg

Archontophoenix purpurea 8ft $200 (may or may not dig well)

DSCN8248.jpg

Lepidozamia hoopei 6ft $400

DSCN8247.jpg

Licuala grandis 5ft $300

DSCN8246.jpg

Hyophorbe lagencaulis x vershaffeltii F1 6ft $500

DSCN8242.jpg

Kentiopsis oliviformis 10-12ft $500

DSCN8241.jpg

Allogoptera caudescens 5ft $200

DSCN8239.jpg

Copernicia fallensis 6ft $750

DSCN8238.jpg

Beccariophoenix alfredii 6ft $400

DSCN8237.jpg

Zombia antillarum 8-10ft $500

DSCN8236.jpg

DSCN8235.jpg

Copernicia rigida 6-7ft $400

DSCN8233.jpg

Coccothrinax miraguama 'Roseocarpa' 6-8ft $250

DSCN8232.jpg

Allogoptera arenaria 4-5ft $150

DSCN8231.jpg

Arenga pinnata 10-12ft $450

DSCN8230.jpg

DSCN8229.jpg

Attalea cohune 25-30ft $1200

DSCN8228.jpg

Copernicia baileyana 10-12ft $800

DSCN8227.jpg

Ya, it's really rare Bags... its basically a reverse-watermelon, it has more yellow than green!

Are you going to sell off any of the non-palms that I see in the photos ? The palms are gorgeous.

santoury, Yes, everything is for sale. You can make an offer on anything else you see in photos.

I sent you several PM's about multiple plants in the photos - bear with me. Might be easier if you came up with a list?

Best, Jude

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to say this as neutrally as possible. You would probably have more luck if your prices were not so high. At least what I was quoted on the non-palms. Not sure on the values on the palms since I only grow smaller ones. Good luck!

Santoury,

You say that our prices are too high on all the palms?... What are you basing that on? I've been to world-class botanical gardens with smaller specimens of some...

Regarding the non-palms you were interested in, we are not going to dig up junk plants and deal with transplanting/shipping them for $5 each. It's a waste of our time.

Ken,

The Copernicia's are root-pruned all around and now just need to be B&B'd. Why, do you have buyer's for them maybe?

JD

If you read my post, I was referring to the non-palms. If you consider them "junk plants" as you call them, then why are you asking high dollar for them? That doesn't make sense to me. But, as I said, good luck.

I think legislation should be passed making it illegal to complain about prices on Palmtalk. I've seen it too many times. Complaining about prices is anti palm, anti-aloha, anti pura vida, creates bad vibes, and puts the seller unnecessarily in a defensive position. If someone doesn't like the prices there is a simple solution....Don't buy.

I think legislation should be passed making it illegal to complain about prices on Palmtalk. I've seen it too many times. Complaining about prices is anti palm, anti-aloha, anti pura vida, creates bad vibes, and puts the seller unnecessarily in a defensive position. If someone doesn't like the prices there is a simple solution....Don't buy.

I agree with the second part of this statement, but not necessarily the first. If I don't like the price of a product in a store, I don't go to the owner and complain about it. I just look elsewhere.

But I don't necessarily think there should be a law against commenting about a price. People can form their own opinion about prices and/or about any comments about prices. If done properly, do we need yet another rule to enforce? If done disrespectfully, I can understand. But that is probably already covered by another rule.

Please don't carry on this discussion here. Start a new thread - in Administration - if you think it important enough. I'll bring it up with "management." I can see both sides of this issue. It would be nicer if people could just keep their opinions about price private. It really doesn't serve much purpose other than to be "confrontational."

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

I agree; This is America. You are free to sell whatever you want ( as long as it is legal ! ) at the price you want. If you don't like the price make a counter offer. If the seller says no, then that's it. Make a decision one way or another.

I agree with Guanabana13 and Manolitus.

Santoury, I could call you a cheap-skate just as easily as you can claim our prices are too high. But I'm not going to take a pot shot at your character since I don't know you. So, it is probably more appropriate if you make price comments through private message. Additionally, if you didn't like the prices I quoted on non-palms, why don't you just buy them at your own local garden store in MA instead??

Still some palms left people... but very little time left!!!

JD

JD - I did. My money and I went elsewhere. Thanks, and good luck.

It appears to me now, you just have to get the last "dig" in. Move on!

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

I don't consider wishing him good luck a "dig in." My intentions are good - and I hope he can accomplish what he is trying to accomplish here.

Okay - That's enough. I've received over ten reports/complaints regarding the criticism of the pricing and the criticism of the criticism of the pricing. :) Enough criticisms, I have more important issues to resolve. And the members have better things on which to spend their time reading.

If you are going to express an opinion about the worth of what someone is selling, then you have to be willing to accept someone else's opinion of your evaluation. Both have been done here, so let it die. The price of an item is very subjective. The same palm/plant will have very different values in Florida, California, Hawaii, France, or Australia. So let the poor guy try and sell what are some really nice palms/plants.

Thanks to those of you who help make this a fun and friendly forum.

Okay - That's enough. I've received over ten reports/complaints regarding the criticism of the pricing and the criticism of the criticism of the pricing. :) Enough criticisms, I have more important issues to resolve. And the members have better things on which to spend their time reading.

If you are going to express an opinion about the worth of what someone is selling, then you have to be willing to accept someone else's opinion of your evaluation. Both have been done here, so let it die. The price of an item is very subjective. The same palm/plant will have very different values in Florida, California, Hawaii, France, or Australia. So let the poor guy try and sell what are some really nice palms/plants.

Glad you finally stepped in Mod. My thread was killed as well by the same individual when I was trying to sell some palms.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...